Slow download speeds (500 KB/s)

russ013

Well, I was finally in need to download a big file again, and as it happens... still capped at ~300KB/s

Here's a screen of the download including the URL... had to switch to Chrome for this since Vivaldi hides the real download URLs and I couldn't find how to disable that, if it's even possible,

Speed Tests, local first as baseline:

Then speedtest targetting miami and singapore:

Not sure if any of this is useful or not, but I just wanted to add it in case it helps to track any issue (if there's an issue that can be tracked at all...)

EDIT: Just edit to add that meanwhile, at the same time that I'm downloading the big 2GB file, while downloading a smaller, around ~400MB file:

I'm getting the full speed.

Thanks!

Hi leeus,

Thanks for the info. So the smaller files are served from a different place than larger ones. If the speed for large files is slow for all our Premium servers (you may want to try the European ones too) then it may not be something we can do anything about. If it's not too much of a pain it might be worth contacting your ISP to report the bad connection, they might have some more insight into where the connection is slowest.