bugged Dogmeat texture

korewaweeb

After I installed the "Project Cyberdogs Rex Dogmeat Replacer" a couple of months back I didnt like the look of it anymore and uninstalled it. No chance I ever got my original dogmeat back, it just stayed as the cyborg version. I installed and uninstalled other mods changing dogmeats appearance, some worked, some didnt, but when I turned all of them off again, my dogmeat. still. stayed. as. cyborg. dogmeat. I uninstalled all mods, NMM, and fallout itself and reinstalled everything WHICH CHANGED NOTHING. I then went into the Fallout folder and removed all Dogmeat textures, and guess what? Now he has no texture. He STILL has the cyborg dog "shape" but without any textures, hes just flurrecent purple glowing making him visible across half the map. Please I just want to enjoy a normal dogmeat again...

open windows explorer to the drive that you have NMM installed on. in the search box, type in Dogmeat.nif

and have windows search for the file. Once it finds it you can delete it from whatever folder NMM installed it into and that should take care of the problem. IF it happens to find it in fallout4.ba2 tho, that's the original. Tho it shouldn't find it in there, unless you have unpacked the ba2 files.

Hope this helps :)

-Storm