When spelling mistakes work and don't work!

northener69

I was messing about editing Visions due to trying to Mod something and when comparing files with a newer version of NMS i noticed a spelling error fixed in the newer NMS but not Visions as seen below.

YawnRange should be YawRange.

Merge.jpg

I then searched all the decompiled files in Visions to see if YawnRange was anywhere else but it wasn't. It found a single entry as shown below.

Grep.jpg

I corrected the spelling mistake but got this error when compiling it as shown below.

MBin.jpg

When that came up i opened up the NMS.exe using an exe explorer and searched the words YawnRange and YawRange.

Surprisingly the spelling mistake was in the NMS.exe so i left as it was.

YawnHex.jpg

Prior to all this and using the above method i found further spelling mistakes that were in the files that matched the NMS.exe and were able to compile. Just goes to show how easy a simple spelling mistake can affect a game but also how much respect these programmers deserve. It's a lot of code and as much as this game frustrates me i give them my respect.

And it's just another reason why i love tinkering with this game. Thank you HG's i love you and i hate you. :cool:

Oh and the other spelling errors I've found in Visions so far while tinkering...

PortalRunEntry should be PortalRuneEntry

VehicleRaseStart should be VehicleRaceStart

GlitchyStroyBox should be GlitchyStoryBox

They have been fixed from Beyond onwards, yeah i checked. :ermm: :cool:

Edited by northener69

Speaking of grammatical errors when referring to yourself in the first person using the pronoun I, it should always be expressed in the capitalized form of I, and not the lower case form of i, as you have done several times in the above post.

Speaking of grammatical errors when referring to yourself in the first person using the pronoun I, it should always be expressed in the capitalized form of I, and not the lower case form of i, as you have done several times in the above post.

LMFAO or lmfao, was wondering when you'd use that smart and articulate mouth. I (i) stand corrected but i'm just lazy I guess!

But thanks for educating a native Englishman who obviously is in need of a grammatical English lesson.

Regards,

Myself! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: