• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Guy45man

Guy45man

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I'm sorry if this is a crummy request, but I haven't managed to find anything like what I'm hoping for besides a green variant. I tried figuring out how to change the colors myself, but after poking at the construction set and nifskope for awhile I've realized most of this goes over my head... 

Anyways, I just wanted to ask if anyone would be willing to make a darker/black recolor of the Emperor's robe. Again, sorry if this is awful or anything, I'm pretty new to modding.

Oblivionaddicted

Oblivionaddicted

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

If you have image-editing tools you can easily do it yourself and convert the images using the DDS converter and BMP to DDS softwares.

Guy45man

Guy45man

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I don't understand how to *do* that though. I have GIMP somewhere on my device but I don't know what I'm looking for or what to edit.

Fiore1300

Fiore1300

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I don't understand how to *do* that though. I have GIMP somewhere on my device but I don't know what I'm looking for or what to edit.

With the mention green variant in your initial post, I suppose you've seen both of these?

https://www.nexusmod...vion/mods/43099

https://www.nexusmod...vion/mods/24070

Opening it in GIMP is the easy part. All the tools you need are linked from the Construction Set wiki (https://cs.elderscro...tle=Retex_Guide) and in a few minutes... boom

1268013-1587529156.png

Trouble is I'm not good enough in GIMP to really do this justice without it looking sloppy.  :confused:  I think you might be able to use Color Exchange on this but I'm not sure. Maybe if I'm bored to tomorrow I might give it a shot. That's a big maybe though.

Edit: Messing around with the Hue-Saturation tool a bit this morning. Still looks royal purple but it's darker.

1268013-1587558395.png

Edited by Fiore1300, 22 April 2020 - 12:28 PM.

Guy45man

Guy45man

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Yes, I've seen those two (The green/silver one in particular I thought was very well done) and the other lacks a black version. I also tried one called "Emporium" which had some recolors of the outfit but only purple and green if I remember right.

I'm barely passable with GIMP myself, but I'll take a look at the guide and see if I can figure it out. Thank you for linking that guide.

Fiore1300

Fiore1300

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Yes, I've seen those two (The green/silver one in particular I thought was very well done) and the other lacks a black version. I also tried one called "Emporium" which had some recolors of the outfit but only purple and green if I remember right.

I'm barely passable with GIMP myself, but I'll take a look at the guide and see if I can figure it out. Thank you for linking that guide.

Sure thing. I actually got the idea to mess around with the Hue Saturation tool from this tutorial over at TESAlliance. Complete with pictures to help. Seems like it can be pretty useful. I started attacking the saturation and got a more black look.

1268013-1587559171.png

1268013-1587559396.png

Guy45man

Guy45man

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

With some effort I was able to put together something I'm pretty happy with. Thanks again for the help.

Fiore1300

Fiore1300

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Glad to hear it. :laugh:

Page loaded in: 1.285 seconds