Any interest in "alternate main quest" or "alternate faction quests"?

Alternate main quest mod / alternate faction questlines mod?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to make a "alternate main quest / alternate faction quests " mod?

• Yes, I have great ideas and know how to create quest mods
    • Yes, I know how to create quest mods, but I have no great ideas
    • Yes, but I have no good ideas and no technical modding experience
    • Yes, I have some great ideas and technical modding experience but I am too lazy / have no time
    • No, but I would like to play the game with such a mod.
    • No, the vanilla MainQuest and faction quests are just fine!
    • Yes, but I am just getting into modding and I am still learning ...

Good evening / early morning everybody!

I would just like to know if there is any interest in a "alternate main quest" or "alternate faction quests" type of mod.

Basically a mod that makes the faction quests independent of the main quest ( like in Skyrim for example).

So that you can still play through some big questline / questlines even if use an alternate start mod and the player character is not the "Sole Survivor of Vault 111".

I personally would very much like (to make) such a mod but I am definitely not "creative" enough for it. I know it would be much work, but who cares? I have lots of time, and I am sure I am not the only one with lots of time ...

The new main quest / faction quests should NOT have stupid limiting character backstory requirements. (Like having a son or beeing married, because I just can't imagine ever doing something like that, so it is a bit difficult to play as a character who has...)

The reason why I want to do this is because I want to keep playing Fallout 4 but there just isn't really much to do ....

(In Skyrim, if I don't want to play the MainQuest, there are lots of faction questlines to be done ... Not in Fallout 4!)

That is the reason why I "restart" the game so often:

I start the game (using an alternate start mod with a random starting location and no starting gear at level 1) and at the beginning, just surviving is great and lots of fun. But after a while I get "saturated" with equipment, weapons, food, chems ... and it starts to get "boring". Without a large questline it gets boring really quickly and I start again ...

Maybe I am just "playing the game the wrong way" ...

Anyway, if you have any thoughts / constructive ideas / want to insult me for having some issues / whatever ... let me know here ...

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

Hi!

I think this is a fantastic idea! I wish there was a poll option for "I am only just getting into modding, but writing and quest mods are what interest me most", because I'd choose that!

I'm in the same position you are, I want to keep playing Fallout 4, but the narrative content is running dry. Other than the kind of mod that you're suggesting, which is an awesome idea, I've also always thought that someone ought to remake the main quest, because it's starts out so good, but the late game and ending are complete garbage. It always bums me out that the main story had so much promise which was never delivered upon. That kind of mod might not be realistic though, considering the fact that it includes so many already voiced NPC's, and I don't even know what goes into remaking vanilla quests. Either way, I think the kind of mod you're suggesting is just what Fallout 4 needs right now. Weapon mods and such are awesome, but without new stories to use them in, it's starting to get a bit dull.

Awesome idea. The problem is probably that the main quest is deeply embeded in a lot of different systems in the game, so it would be an absolute pain in the ass to figure out what's woven into what. I would rather invest all the time into another project and create something completely new instead of trying to fix Bethesda's mess. Weren't you working on a worldspace anyways?

Awesome idea. The problem is probably that the main quest is deeply embeded in a lot of different systems in the game, so it would be an absolute pain in the ass to figure out what's woven into what. I would rather invest all the time into another project and create something completely new instead of trying to fix Bethesda's mess. Weren't you working on a worldspace anyways?

Yes, but that is not something that I will ever publish ... (Because of copyright BS ...)

Yes, but that is not something that I will ever publish ... (Because of copyright BS ...)

Wow, that's really bad news. Why is that? What did you use that makes it impossible to be published?

Wow, that's really bad news. Why is that? What did you use that makes it impossible to be published?

I didn't finish it yet or try to publish it.

I will not do that to avoid any possible copyright problems ...

I am using lots of 3D meshes from this site https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com

And I just can't be bothered to ask all of the creators of the thing I use for permission.

I mainly do modding for personal use, so that makes dealing with copyright stuff much more easier (I don't have to).

I never intended to publish anything, it is just better that way ...

EDIT:

This is really getting off-topic ... :laugh:

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName