[LE] Getting the game to recognize the Story Manager LockPick Event

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an example ESP with scripts that you can look at:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ko9a2h5o6gaxq7b/LockpickDetectTestMod.zip/file

Note that the topic property isn't filled in the Script, so Serana doesn't say anything. In your own mod, fill it with your dialogue topic from your dialogue quest.

In the example there is:

LockpickDetectFX Magic Effect
LockPickDetectAbility Spell
LockPickDialogueQuest Quest
LockPickTestDetectGV Global Variable
And 2 scripts. Hope that helps!

I did that, and it's still not firing for some reason. I made sure to insert the dialogue topic from my own quest. I tried both idles and normal topics. Everything is also properly set up with the magic effect, spell, quest, and global variable (as per the test esp you sent me). Also no compilation errors for the scripts, with SEQs generated as well.

Hmmm, I'm not sure then. Is the event firing when you pick a lock? You can check with the debug.notification("lock picked"). I tested it with a generic topic and it worked. Also, make sure in your topic that dialogue conditions in the topic or quest aren't preventing Serana from saying it.

Weird. The debug log isn't even firing. I made sure to remove the ":" comment. Also there aren't any preexisting conditions in either topic dialogue (both the normal and the idle). Just the dialogue itself.

The global variable should be set to "Long" and a 0.00 value, right?

Maybe the problem with the event probably not firing is an issue with the game trying to find the Serana actor. In your own testing, did you use this particular NPC, or just some random generic follower?

Edited by Martimius

I used Serana. If you load the example mod I uploaded the debug should fire after you pick a lock. Loading on a new save isn't a bad idea either. Note that she does have to be near you per the script condition I put in.

Yeah she is. Definitely less than 2000 units away from me, as per the conditions set on the script.

And @IsharaMeradin, the closest I can possibly get to a new save is a clean Dawnguard testing save (previously made without mods) as unlike other followers, Serana just isn’t someone you can spawn with console commands and get her to act like normal. You have to awake her in Dimhollow Crypt as usual.