How to get levelled weapons to attach to weapon racks? Help!

Hi.

If we place a weapon rack in game, stick a weapon in front of it and link the weapon from the weapon rack activator, it shows up in-game as mounted on the weapon rack. However, if we do the same for a 'dummy' weapon, the weapon falls to the floor, or at least it has whenever I've tried it.

Is there a way to have a dummy weapon/armor piece display correctly on a weapon rack?

I wouldn't ask but I really want an item on a rack to be a levelled weapon.

The issue is that the "Dummy Weapon" is Link Ref to the weapon rack while the "Weapon" that the "Dummy Weapon Marker" will place on cell attach is not, and here is the issue.

In order to make it work you will need to create your own "Weapon Rack Script" and a script that it will be living on the "Dummy Weapon Marker", that it will place in the weapon rack the lvl weapon it will spawn.

* I don't think that there is any vanilla script that can help you with this, but i could be wrong... i don't know them all by heart.

Ah ha!

So I'm not plain daft. This doesn't work. For what I want, I'll just add a static weapon and an activator. I have a nice little script that takes everything from a container (which can be hidden in the void) and gives it to the player. The script has an option to disable an object once done, so I just set it to disable the static. I guess I'm just lazy. No! I wanted a neater solution. If no neater answer exists, I'll do what I have to do to make it work.

It would be nice to have dummy weapons displayed on racks, though.

Check out the rack in Northwatch Keep, where you rescue Thorald Greymane from the Thalmor. When you go up to the prison level, there's a guard sitting at a desk, between the interrogation room and the cells. Behind him is a rack, which I have seen hold everything from steel to glass weapons. I looked at it in CK and there's mostly iron hanging there. Double clicking on the iron greatsword, there's a leveled item tab that has something to the effect of leveled thalmor 1h selected. I don't know if they did any other scripts around it, but it may give you an alternative route.

Check out the rack in Northwatch Keep, where you rescue Thorald Greymane from the Thalmor. When you go up to the prison level, there's a guard sitting at a desk, between the interrogation room and the cells. Behind him is a rack, which I have seen hold everything from steel to glass weapons. I looked at it in CK and there's mostly iron hanging there. Double clicking on the iron greatsword, there's a leveled item tab that has something to the effect of leveled thalmor 1h selected. I don't know if they did any other scripts around it, but it may give you an alternative route.

Mmmm... I've played the game a few times through the years, but i don't remember such details !. :ermm:
cumbrianlad it's worth cheking it.

Hi. Thanks to both of you.

That rack is certainly worth finding. I'm like you, Maxarturo, I've played thousands of hours of Skyrim and never noticed that there was a rack with levelled weapons. I'll dive into it now, before I try it any other way. Thanks for the tip, thumbincubation. Good spot!

Well, I took a look at that rack and could see nothing special about the set-up. I wondered if it was something to do with a difference between the normal mid activator and player house version, so I set up a test with both. As you can see from the image all of them worked. How I had this problem in the past I don't know, but perhaps I just set something up incorrectly. Anyway, thanks for the input, folks! From left to right, the tests were:

Dummy sword with levelled enchanted sword, normal mid activator

Dummy bow with levelled enchanted bow, player house mid activator

Dummy war-hammer with levelled bandit warhammer, normal mid activator

DummyWeapon1H with levelled bandit 1H weapon, plyer house mid activator.

I was pretty careful to match the levelled items chosen to the type of dummy weapon.

Just adding a caviat for anyone reading this...

... when I did the same to my existing racks to add the levelled weapons, one worked fine, the other ended up on the floor. Both racks had not been altered in any way. I tried altering the angles in case the dreaded 270 degree bug had hit... no joy.

I then deleted the rack, activator, endposts, dummy sword and pit them all in again... it worked. Damn, but these systems are so inconsistent!

If your set-up doesn't work, especially around activators, try again and test on a clean save!

All "Trigger Box Activators" suffer from the same bug that it's related to their angle.

All angles must NOT be in an absolute number, for example:

X = 90,00

Y = 90,10

Z = 180,50

the first degree number ( 90,00 ) does not affect the activation as the second does ( 90,00 ), so it should be like this to make the activator always activatable.

X = 90,22 or 91,3563

Y = 90,44 or 92,7542

Z = 180,66 or 179, 9874