Having Trouble with F4SE, PLEASE HELP!

KaiSilvers

A while ago my f4se was out of date when Fallout 4 got updated so i tried reinstalling f4se to a new version but couldn't get it to work. I tried deleting all files associated with Fallout 4 and reinstalled the game itself as well. I got my game and most mods to work but I couldn't get f4se to work or the mods that require it. That was before Vortex came out (2018) and i now have Vortex and tried using Vortex. I reinstalled the latest f4se into my Fallout forder and into Vortex but i still cant get f4se to work. I really wanna play but i cant without f4se. Please someone help me fix this problem. Ill link a screenshot of my Fallout folder and all. Here is what happens when i try to play it now. I click on the Fallout4.exe and it runs fine, even in vortex it runs fine BUT under settings f4se is nowhere to be found by the game version number. When i click on f4se a black window pops up then I get a list off error messages (see list of errors, sorry couldn't put screenshots) followed by a black screen with my mouse loading over it then it crashes after i click off all the error messages. I dont know what iv done Wrong.

1st error [Game Version Error

LooksMenu Version Error:

expected game version 1.10.82.0

your game version is 1.10.163.0

some features may not work correctly.]

2nd error [Mod Configuration Menu

Your Game Version: v1.10.163.0

Expected version: v1.10.82.0

Mod Configuration Menu will be disabled.]

3rd error [PRKF

Unsupported runtime version (expected v1.10.82).

PRKF will be disabled]

Edited by KyleWilson96

OK, looking at your screenshot, you've got at least two versions of F4SE installed. What I would recommend is to delete everything related to F4SE from that folder, as well as the src folder and the shortcut files, then reinstall the latest F4SE fresh.

well when i launch it from vortex the game runs but f4se dosnt work. In settings, right hand corner you see the fallout game version and when f4se is working it will tell you what version of f4se is running but when i go there it only says the Fallout 4 game version not f4se's version. Therefore i know f4se isnt working correctly, eventhough I installed it correctly in my fallout folder and on vortex. Plus when i launch the f4se_loader.exe from within the fallout 4 folder it brings up a black screen like it is about to start the game but then my mouse starts loading and then it crashes

Hmm. I'm still learning how Fallout 4 works (just got it in November, but I have a lot of experience troubleshooting other Bethesda games), but here's a few things you can try:

- Make sure all your mods that require F4SE are updated. If there are any that haven't been updated since around October of last year, disable them and try launching.

- Use the "Purge mods" button in Vortex (might have to enable advanced mode in settings) to remove your mods from the game folder (just deploy the mods once you're done testing to reverse this) and test the game without any mods.

- If you've installed F4SE with Vortex, uninstall it and reinstall it manually.

I'll also send out the Bat-Signal to some friends of mine who know a lot more about Fallout than I.

Yeah as mentioned above you have multiple versions of F4SE installed. Delete everything in the game folder that begins with f4se especially the incorrect version DLL files. That's what's messing up everything else. You also need to delete the associated scripts. This is a crash and burn re-installation.

Hoe did you install it originally? Not through Vortex I hope. F4SE needs to be either installed manually, or you need to change the mod type to Dinput, and make sure the scripts are installed in data folder on the top level of the mod before you re-archive it. It's a very simple installation. I would recommend watching Gopher's video series on Vortex.