Randomly Changing Doors?

Recently getting back into modding after a long hiatus, and I'm encountering a strange glitch.

I'm working on a large Balmora mod in which I've moved several vanilla buildings. Basically just selected everything and dragged it around. All of the interior doors are still working fine, I leave the cell and end up where I'm supposed to be. But some of the exterior doors are acting strange.

In the CS, everything checks out. Name, ID, and destination marker are all correct, but in playtesting some doors end up getting linked to random exterior cells. It will display where it's going, not where it's supposed to go. For example, Ashlands instead of Mages guild. It's never the same door or the same destination across different loads. If I exit out and reload it will be different. I've only encountered it on doors I've moved.

When testing, I always try to run as clean as possible. MBT and this mod only, new character saved in a test cell. Remove the mod, everything goes back to normal.

That's gotta be the problem, I just can't figure out what's causing it. If it helps, I used another mod as a base and expanded off of it. I'll have to look around for the exact name. Plays through just fine on it's own and with anything else that doesn't touch Balmora. Near as I can tell, it's pure vanilla and nothing fancy, mostly just exterior work and landscaping (really nice btw). It does have one script, attached to the doors it adds. it's just a basic message script, good code, shouldn't be the problem and all the doors have a single, but unique ID.

I'm wondering if something I did is causing the engine to get confused. I didn't really do much yet besides move things around, changed a few scale variables and duplicate a few statics. No dialogue, no scripting.

Does anybody have any idea what I did wrong? If I can't figure it out, I'll just write it in as Sheogorath playing tricks. Thanks in advance.

I am not sure you can move the door destination markers out of the cell safely, if this is the case, maybe try re-defining the door cell destination so your destination marker is already (and stays) in the cell (toggle borders = B key in CS to be able to see cell limits)

Edited by abot

All items belong to the cells in which they are located.

When moving the selected block, all objects are written to ONE cell, although some objects may fall into an adjacent cell.

For doors, this can lead to unexpected results.

Thanks for the advice, I think I pinned it down. I narrowed it down to four doors that were doing it most often. They had somehow duplicated and I couldn't find them in the CS. Each time I tested, one or the other would be closer to the front. Two of them were on a cell border and I think they kept getting reassigned to different cells every time the cell reloaded in the render.

Now I just wish I could figure out a way to make it happen when and how I want it to. It's a neat trick.

When you need to transfer to different cells, the script hangs on the doors, which makes "enable" only for one door.

The condition of choosing a door depends on certain conditions of the quest, but it can also be done randomly.