Is there a mod that allows multiple body replacer switching for the player?

MaeroTheMaestro73

Trying to make a CBBE world where the player character can complete a quest and then change out of CBBE and into the AB body, ideally with access to AB-converted outfits.

I don't know if UniquePlayer supports this or if it simply supports setting up one body replacer for the player that's different from all other character bodies.

I also don't know if it's even possible to have multiple stacks of the same outfit for different conversions.

Leaving the quest completion aside, it is possible to change bodies ingame with LooksMenu's Skin Override. I don't know of a mod that will do exactly the job you want, at least not without putting some extra work in copying meshes and creating body slide files. I'd suggest, if you can, to do the Skin Override yourself.

You can have multiple versions of the same outfit, but it will be pain in the a** to make it work. One of the conversion body slides can be edited to change the output folder. After that comes the hard part - making it work in a plugin. It will require creating new armor addons for the second body type, new attach point keyword in order to add a modification for switching at the workbench, and so on. The more modular and more parts the outfit has, the more complicated, difficult and time consuming it will be.

Leaving the quest completion aside, it is possible to change bodies ingame with LooksMenu's Skin Override. I don't know of a mod that will do exactly the job you want, at least not without putting some extra work in copying meshes and creating body slide files. I'd suggest, if you can, to do the Skin Override yourself.

You can have multiple versions of the same outfit, but it will be pain in the a** to make it work. One of the conversion body slides can be edited to change the output folder. After that comes the hard part - making it work in a plugin. It will require creating new armor addons for the second body type, new attach point keyword in order to add a modification for switching at the workbench, and so on. The more modular and more parts the outfit has, the more complicated, difficult and time consuming it will be.

Oh hi! I'm glad somebody decided to respond to this because I have no clue how to make this work. For my mod's purpose using LooksMenu would completely defeat the purpose of the quest, which is to provide a believable method of transforming from a normal human into a female super mutant.

I currently use the Super Mutant Preset for AB and find it works great, but it's not very immersive to look exactly like a super mutant but not have any of the perks of one, nor have suffered anything to become one, nor have anyone react to my presence significantly. Granted, it's exactly what I wanted visually but it just feels hollow otherwise.

That was my motivation for working on such a mod. I didn't just want a visual mod, I wanted a full package, and I wanted the player to have to suffer for it to make the big gains worth something. I feel like even though that's tedious and not necessarily fun, it's immersive.

So it sounds like, at least from your experience, using Skin Override is the closest thing I'd have. Otherwise, I'm having to find ways to set up my own references pointers and aliases. You also mentioned keywords, which implies I'd have to set this up with AWKCR as a hard dependency. Or is that just for the making of armor to fit the second body replacer without actually overriding any armor?

Say, while I've got you here, maybe you can advise me on something else? Where am I looking if I want to have a quest item check SPECIAL and kill the player if a certain SPECIAL is below a specific number when using the quest item? Would that just be a spell with a condition?

Edited by MaeroTheMaestro73

Well, I don't know. Maybe with quests and scripts it is possible to switch the body. I think having perks and reactions would require a lot of editing to existing quests and dialogues. I am not that experienced, so I can't point you in the right direction. The goals you want to achieve, if possible, will require a lot of modding experience and knowledge.

Since I don't know of a mod that would change the body as part of a quest, I mentioned what I am familiar with. Skin Override's purpose is to provide a way to switch body textures. The skin includes a body, so it can be used to switch between different body presets and even different body types - like have one skin use CBBE body and other skin use AB.

AWKCR is not a hard requirement. If you don't use it, no need to make an outfit compatible with it. The armor record for an outfit has one or more armor addons. For example - if it has addons for main model and a hood. With attach point keyword, object modification and constructible object you can make a menu on armor bench, to switch between main model and main model+hood. The same way, it can be made to switch between CBBE model and AB model of the outfit. But if the outfit has a lot of parts, I mean already has a lot of addons, that will make the job even more complicated.

About your last question, not sure, but you might be on the right track. Either a spell or an object effect(enchantment), depending on what the item is. Both of them contain a magic effect. Perhaps the magic effect can be made to reduce the player's health. And yes, a condition for one the specials is also possible.

Well, I don't know. Maybe with quests and scripts it is possible to switch the body. I think having perks and reactions would require a lot of editing to existing quests and dialogues. I am not that experienced, so I can't point you in the right direction. The goals you want to achieve, if possible, will require a lot of modding experience and knowledge.

Since I don't know of a mod that would change the body as part of a quest, I mentioned what I am familiar with. Skin Override's purpose is to provide a way to switch body textures. The skin includes a body, so it can be used to switch between different body presets and even different body types - like have one skin use CBBE body and other skin use AB.

AWKCR is not a hard requirement. If you don't use it, no need to make an outfit compatible with it. The armor record for an outfit has one or more armor addons. For example - if it has addons for main model and a hood. With attach point keyword, object modification and constructible object you can make a menu on armor bench, to switch between main model and main model+hood. The same way, it can be made to switch between CBBE model and AB model of the outfit. But if the outfit has a lot of parts, I mean already has a lot of addons, that will make the job even more complicated.

About your last question, not sure, but you might be on the right track. Either a spell or an object effect(enchantment), depending on what the item is. Both of them contain a magic effect. Perhaps the magic effect can be made to reduce the player's health. And yes, a condition for one the specials is also possible.

I appreciate your time. I'll keep looking into the Creation Kit and seeing what I can find out about this whole process. I have a new race entry, faction entry, and everything else all set up except for fully setting up the dialogue and importing my edited voice files.

You can create outfits with the meshes, assign each outfit a different body-preference and its super easy. (just deleted the pre-existing cbbe-body in the outfit-studio)

But I doubt that 2 different body-changing mods work well together.

You can create outfits with the meshes, assign each outfit a different body-preference and its super easy. (just deleted the pre-existing cbbe-body in the outfit-studio)

But I doubt that 2 different body-changing mods work well together.

Yeah, that's the problem I'm concerned about. I know the way UniquePlayer and UniqueFollower work, they just set up a separate folder for each character's mesh and textures that gives them each a unique body.

However! I have yet to see anything that allows two different body replacers to work simultaneously on the same character at any point in time - even just for a permanent transition that replaces the first replacer with a second replacer.

As for outfit studio - yeah I've had some good luck doing conversions already from vanilla outfits into CBBE into AB - but that still wouldn't work out for the body itself being changed. Once I swap out of the AB outfits, bam, I'm back down to being a curvy-yet-normal CBBE body again.