Repetitive crashes, can't even play for more than a minute now. I have logs.

megamack1

Understand: YOu cannot just deactivate / remove a mod mid game. It will have a very strong chance of corrupting your game.

. o O ( Trust me and other's on this one. )

As in Better New Vegas - there is a very good chance it has some scripting to it. I'd be surprised if it did not.

Yeah, I always start a new game whenever I mess with what's installed or not. I've had enough experienced with the infamous exclamation-diamonds to know that disabling something and going on like normal is a bad idea. And after disabling BNV, it seems like it's running more stable. But then, it also ran stable with it for a good maybe half-an-hour before I reached outer-new-vegas and started crashing non-stop just seconds apart. So I might need to play for a while before I can be absolutely sure.

Understand: YOu cannot just deactivate / remove a mod mid game. It will have a very strong chance of corrupting your game.

. o O ( Trust me and other's on this one. )

As in Better New Vegas - there is a very good chance it has some scripting to it. I'd be surprised if it did not.

Yeah, I always start a new game whenever I mess with what's installed or not. I've had enough experienced with the infamous exclamation-diamonds to know that disabling something and going on like normal is a bad idea. And after disabling BNV, it seems like it's running more stable. But then, it also ran stable with it for a good maybe half-an-hour before I reached outer-new-vegas and started crashing non-stop just seconds apart. So I might need to play for a while before I can be absolutely sure.

Okay, thanks for not taking that personally. We never know the level of a posters game playing. So I ( through error ) found never to assume. ;)

Okay! So, now I'm getting the Out of Memory crashes. I looked around for the common issues that cause it, and this has lead me to use a 4GB patcher, NVAC (New Vegas Anti Crash), and NVSR (New Vegas Stutter Remover). None of these have fixed the issue.

My new load order is:

0 0 FalloutNV.esm
1 1 DeadMoney.esm
2 2 HonestHearts.esm
3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm
4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm
5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm
6 6 ClassicPack.esm
7 7 MercenaryPack.esm
8 8 TribalPack.esm
9 9 CaravanPack.esm
10 a WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure.esm
11 b SCAV.esm
12 c FCOMaster.esm
13 d Less Empty Primm.esp
14 e Project Nevada - Core.esm
15 f Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
16 10 CFWNV.esm
17 11 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
18 12 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
19 13 SpeedyResources.esm
20 14 Riot Gear Neck Cover.esp
21 15 MediumBeardAlt.esp
22 16 Vurt's WFO.esp
23 17 FreesideAgain.esp
24 18 New Vegas Landscape Overhaul.esp
25 19 Alternative Start.esp
26 1a stripurban.esp
27 1b TheLozza's_Gasmasks_V2.esp
28 1c FCO - NPC Changes.esp
29 1d CourierCacheWSE.esp
30 1e Western Sky - Darker Nights.esp
31 1f Western Sky.esp
32 20 TrooperOverhaul-Dragbody.esp
33 21 Freeside Home.esp
34 22 NCRTrooperOverhaul.esp
35 23 w44Satchels - Full.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
36 24 TGsArmorCollectionVegas.esp
37 25 CourierRangerArmorV2.esp
38 26 Courier Ranger Armor - PN Visor Patch.esp
39 27 Readius_NV.esp
40 28 RealWeaponNamesNV.esp
41 29 EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
42 2a FCO - GlowingOne.esp
43 2b Playable raider + Trait.esp
44 2c Qwib-WastelandRadSuit.esp
FCO - OHSB NPC Edits.esp
FCO - Russell.esp

And the 4GB patcher is a manual install, so I don't know if it'll show up. It's just an .exe in the game folder, but it did make me insall a mandatory Runtime redistributible from 2013. No idea what that does, but it says it's a requirement. https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/62552?tab=description

This time, the Windows Event Viewer actually made something new show up, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to show from it, it has a lot of fields to copy from. Any pointers? I'll show whatever is needed.

Actually, several things popped up in the Event Viewer. Not sure what's needed. One is an Application Error, one is Windows Error Reporting, and another is "ESENT" whatever that means. Though that one came a few minutes after the first two.

You still have inactive plugins in your load order that need to be removed.

An out of memory error does not necessarily come from the game. It could be caused by a program/s running in the background.

Also, NVSR, NVSE, 4GB Patch will not work if the game is installed in "Program Files" If it is, you will need to move it.

A new file is available that has helped by obtain a smooth running game. Try this: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68714

An out of memory error does not necessarily come from the game. It could be caused by a program/s running in the background.

Also, NVSR, NVSE, 4GB Patch will not work if the game is installed in "Program Files" If it is, you will need to move it.

A new file is available that has helped by obtain a smooth running game. Try this: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68714

Installed it, closed everything that isn't required for the game to run or to be forcibly closed if it locks the computer when it freezes (task manager), and I can't move the game to a new file without breaking a lot of things, and manual installs, and making steam and vortex very cranky because they don't know where the game went. Trying to move games has always broken things in my experience.

Decided, why not, if my game won't work anyways. Moved it to a new location. It made me re-install everything, and kept saying I had changes made outside of vortex, asking me if I wanted to delete or restore them, and a bunch of other weird stuff that I have absolutely zero knowledge of what to do with. And now LOOT can't find New Vegas to manage it. I shudder to imagine what'll happen if I try to launch it through steam, or if my NVSE shortcut still works. Now I gotta manually re-sort all the rules for what comes before or after stuff, with no memory of what goes where. This is gonna be a looooong week, I imagine.

Is there actually a way to change where Steam looks to find a game's files, without reinstalling it fully? I might be half blind, but I'm not seeing an option for it in properties.

Steam has instructions on their website on how to move the game and the entire Steam folder.

Is there actually a way to change where Steam looks to find a game's files, without reinstalling it fully? I might be half blind, but I'm not seeing an option for it in properties.

Steam has instructions on their website on how to move the game and the entire Steam folder.

The entire Fallout New Vegas folder is already moved, I did it manually. But I'm not sure if Steam will just give me an application error if I try to launch it.