Long War mod discussion

johnnylump

Thanks, zyllos, I'll add these to the readme for the next update.

I would double check to see if those steps are correct and if you would update/change any of them for unstandability/readability/consistency purposes, but no problem.

Edited by zyllos

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that zyllos.

Do you still have to move the files and do the hex editing after that procedure?

No, you do not.

The installation moves all the files to the correct spot (I think) and the XComEUModHelper edits the files with the Config.xml as the instructions.

Ah, that was key for me. It should be easy to do knowing that. Thanks.

Edited by ElYanqui

Well after trying many times it does not like the path "...xcom-enemy-unknown\"

It must be looking for some subfolders in that directory.

I found the solution. I had to add the .exe to xcomeumodhelper and the " are not needed.

So it's:

xcomeumodhelper.exe (space) -x (space) F:\games\...\xcom-enemy-unknown\ (space)-c (space) config.xml

Now I know why I hated dos language.

Edited by ElYanqui

Hi I'm having problems after the first Mission. I can confirm that the squads have 5 hp vs 3 on the sectoids and the assault rifles do fire 3 times before reload. the problem is whenever the first mission is over and The Dude from the command room (Brat?) introduces himself the game always freezes midsentence. (google yielded nothing, flying over this thread neither ofc I could have missed it, in which case I am sorry)

Fresh install, 2 starts, edited hosts file, installed mod. Works to the introduction

------

forget what I said, I cannot confirm s#*!, that was propably more wishful thinking ;) should be 4 hp instead of 3 there are obviously deeper problems. Also the defaultgamecore_t.mod entry from log.txt ist missing it shows

13:48:48 File found in root
13:48:48 updateres var: XComGame.exe
13:48:48 getmodfile: DefaultGameCore.ini
13:48:49 done

Edited by teq3dw

Hi I'm having problems after the first Mission. I can confirm that the squads have 5 hp vs 3 on the sectoids and the assault rifles do fire 3 times before reload. the problem is whenever the first mission is over and The Dude from the command room (Brat?) introduces himself the game always freezes midsentence. (google yielded nothing, flying over this thread neither ofc I could have missed it, in which case I am sorry)

Fresh install, 2 starts, edited hosts file, installed mod. Works to the introduction

------

forget what I said, I cannot confirm s***, that was propably more wishful thinking :wink: should be 4 hp instead of 3 there are obviously deeper problems. Also the defaultgamecore_t.mod entry from log.txt ist missing it shows

13:48:48 File found in root

13:48:48 updateres var: XComGame.exe

13:48:48 getmodfile: DefaultGameCore.ini

13:48:49 done

OK got it to work. Maybe this will help someone in a similar situation. I had to deinstall the mod, verify game cache, then restart the installation step by step. My previous attempts to fix it just by verifying and then reinstalling without a manual install were not successful.

Dang it, seems my game won't work without updating now that enemy within has come out, even tho I haven't purchased it nor am living in america so it won't b available for me till the 15th! So annoying, I hadn't finished my run of long war yet, wanted to do that b4 enemy within came out. Is this happeing only for me, or are others having the same problem?

What happened was vanilla patched, breaking the mod. This is why we warned in the readme to turn off automatic updates. This is a different mechanism than phoning home.

I wil try to get out a patch compatible version soon, but it is a lot of work, and I can't promise when it will be ready.

... edit ... seeing reports the patch is overriding the no auto updates setting, too, which would mean the mod is flat broke for a while. Sorry, beyond our control and nothing we can do until I have time to fix it.

Edited by johnnylump

Steam's "no auto updates setting" often does not work. It has been reported on forms for other steam games that it just stops background downloads but when there is an update it still forces you to download and install the update when you try to start the game before it will let you play.