SKSE for SSE not being recognized by Mods

mbray1018

So I just recently began modding and have no issues running mods that don't require SKSE, but for some reason the mods I've been using aren't properly recognizing it and I'm not sure what to do. I followed the tutorial perfectly in the following video, even having Skyrim recognize SKSE on the home page using console commands to check the version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEw8XPZ0Nm4

To keep it simple, I'll focus on a mod I recently downloaded that has a lot of usage in the community: SkyUI. I've downloaded and installed the mod, but upon installation it is telling me that my version of SKSE is too old, and that I need 1.7.3 or newer in order to run the mod. Thing is though.. that's the SKSE version for Vanilla Skyrim, and the version I'm currently running 2.0.17 for Special Edition. Is there something I need to do to SkyUI for it to recognize 2.0.17 and run properly? My game won't even boot with the mod enabled.

Is there any easy way to resolve this issue?

Well... I feel like an idiot. Looks like I was downloading the SkyUI Version for vanilla skyrim, didn't realize there was a separate version for Special Edition.

Once I downloaded the correct version it immediately worked. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...