Heavy Traffic ×

I created a new container with a custom mesh/texture, it acts as it should with the exception that it moves as if it were a movable static? Vanilla chests, containers etc. do not do this in game, why are my custom containers doing this? Am I missing a ticked flag or something silly?

Thank you for your time,

Knappy

• 6 months later...

I'm no expert on mesh manipulation, and my PC doesn't have 3D mesh-making capability, but maybe I can provide a clue.

I actually made a moveable container on purpose before and accomplished it by re-purposing the vanilla mesh of a miscellaneous object.

I wanted a moveable storage container and re-textured the mesh for "Bloody Rags," then set it as the model for my container to create a "Storage Bundle" that I could place at my camp site. It allows me to pick up the container and move it around, basically like how a dead NPC acts like a moveable container. Conversely, I've also done it in reverse to create miscellaneous objects that don't move at all, i.e. I drop them and they stay in mid-air and can't be struck via collision.

I only do this by substituting one kind of mesh for another, so, maybe check out your custom mesh and compare it with those of static objects like rocks, etc. vs. moveable objects like "bloody rags" to see what's going on.

Good luck.