Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Error

killzor55

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What cards are ya'll using?Could be a driver issue.Also,some mods use 3rd party DLLs,could be an update conflict with one.Maybe list mods,and video cards,and see what similarities might be causing it to narrow it down.Also,does it happen with no mods at all,jsut official DLCs?

if it's the "r6025 error virtual function call" it's probably from the DG dlc, i get it every time with Serana or during the auriel bow quest, mostly during all the main quest, i play also since the very 1st day of release and never ever crashed or have a single problem with the .....Vanilla game :P

1/dont uninstall mods, skyrim or steam, it doesn't change anything, ré installing your runtime library either, be sure you have the last one *2010* , the same for the hardware, driver or whatever , then go there:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9828-SFLZ-9289 check this list (i'm running 60 of these process on normal profile)

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8043-EUJN-5239

i've made a "spécial" W7 profile without all the bunch of scrap in MSconfig, (all the drivers was up to date) and no more r6025 error, it's from one of the auto update soft which is running background who get this error.

@@

Had the same problem, and tried all the steps suggested from uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting all addons, to checking drivers, and doing updates. Fact is, nobody has had this issue until they installed Dawnguard. If you read this article from Microsoft, you'll see that it's a programming error, and until Bethesda fixes it, it'll stay broke.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;125749

• 1 month later...

Started having the same issue , tried everything suggested.Read through 20+ forums.Finally after hours upon hours of wasted effort in fixing this issue I got fed up.I decided to try something that had not been suggested....I deleted/removed/uninstalled every single Microsoft Visual C++ file I could find despite lots saying I shouldn't.From what others were saying I expected Skyrim to not even launch once I removed them.To my suprise it did launch , not only did it launch , but it ran perfectly fine for about 3 hours straight ( Normally crash every 10 mins or so ).So to me , the real question becomes , Does Skyrim even need Microsoft Visual C to run?If it does how the hell is my game still working?If it doesn't , then why the hell does Skryim keep crashing over a program it's not even using?

Does Skyrim even need Microsoft Visual C to run?If it does how the hell is my game still working?If it doesn't , then why the hell does Skryim keep crashing over a program it's not even using?

no it doesn't, that's why it's running fine without, but some other apps do and will need it to run, the problem is, one of those apps is crashing Skyrim throught ...Windows, usually it's an automatic update routine which fail

(see my 1st post)

@@

• 5 months later...

I managed to fix the problem by completing "Impatience of a Saint" quest given by Jiub in the Soul Cairn, and summoning Durnehviir 3 times back in Skyrim, don't know which fixed it or why it worked, but it worked and I've been playing error free for about a day.