How to duplicate a worldspace with all objects? (in FO4Edit)

Good evening everybody!

I am currently trying to make a copy of the "Commonwealth" worldspace.

The "duplicate worldspace" in the worldspace window of the CK doesn't seem to work.

The copied worldspace has all of the landscape in it, but nearly all of the objects are missing. (only cell 0,0 and a few cells around that have all objects in them, the other don't)

So, is there a way to copy a whole worldspace, with all that it conatins, in FO4Edit?

IF yes, how?

Or is there a "correct way" to do this in the CK (maybe I made a mistake?) ?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I just found out that there is a 64-bit version of FO4Edit that should be used if you run out of memory (because 64-bit has more "address space" for memory, I guess?).

So I am trying it with that ...

Correct. Regular xEdit is a 32-bit program, so your computer could have a terabyte of RAM and it would only be able to use 4GB.

The 64bit version is slightly slower, but if you are getting out of memory errors in the regular version, it should help.

Edit: One note, if you are wanting this as a separate worldspace like your post says, you would want to use Deep Copy as New Record.

Ok, so I just found out that there is a 64-bit version of FO4Edit that should be used if you run out of memory (because 64-bit has more "address space" for memory, I guess?).

So I am trying it with that ...

Correct. Regular xEdit is a 32-bit program, so your computer could have a terabyte of RAM and it would only be able to use 4GB.

The 64bit version is slightly slower, but if you are getting out of memory errors in the regular version, it should help.

Edit: One note, if you are wanting this as a separate worldspace like your post says, you would want to use Deep Copy as New Record.

How? There is no option for that when I right click on the "commonwealth" worldspace under the Fallout4.esm in FO4Edit ...

Well ...

It has been about 12 hours and FO4Edit is still "changing FormIDs" of cells in the copied worldspace ...

Is this normal, or should I shut down FO4Edit ?

I mean the "commonwealth" worldspace is pretty big, and the "playable area" is only a small bit of the actual "landscape", so it will sure take some time, but this long ?

I don't know ...

There's almost certainly a list search or sort or something similar that scales poorly. It's fine for smaller numbers of items, but really quickly goes from "acceptable" to "I'm not sure this is ever going to finish!" (Anyone who's done enough CompSci study to understand big-O knows what I'm talking about.)