Item display i personal inventory

anjenthedog

When playing as my male character, if acquire a piece of female armor/clothing, there is no preview of the item, or at most one of those generic "there's something here" icons

Is there a setting (or a mod) to make them display correctly while playing as a male? The lack of a preview makes selecting armor made for female followers a very hit or miss process unless I know beforehand specifically which pieces I will be acquiring and providing to the follower.

It would be the way the esp for the armor was made. If there's no entry in the Male World Model, males won't see anything.

You can easily copy/paste the Female World Model file path (right click > Edit > right click > copy path) into the Male World Model (right click > Add, right click again > Edit > right click > paste) in the esp's Armor record using xEdit. Or just copy/paste it in the CK.

Hmm... I see where you're going, but no, that's a bit too complicated for normal use (ie, not a solution I'm looking for). I'd have to edit every new female armor/clothing pack. I do understand and am not trying to be obtuse, it just seems a really "stupid" thing to have to do in order to be able to preview a clothing or armor item you are trying to provide for a female character. (ie follower/npc)

thanks anyway.

Anyone else have method or can suggest a mod that doesn't require performing surgery on each new clothing/armor mod?

Edit: to be clear I wasn't calling you stupid, I meant "impractical", ie "dumb" ie "stupid" regarding the process necessity, not the person who suggested it. the solution *is viable, just impractical for me

Find a mod that provides female mannequins separate from the stock mannequins. Then give the questionable gear to the female mannequin to equip. At least you'll know what female gear looks like without screwing up the stock mannequins that might be holding items for your male character.

Find a mod that provides female mannequins separate from the stock mannequins. Then give the questionable gear to the female mannequin to equip. At least you'll know what female gear looks like without screwing up the stock mannequins that might be holding items for your male character.

Great idea! Thanks Ishara.

In fact, doubly so...the regular mannequins freak the heck out of me (they move around on their own.. you know, like the "weeping angels" from Dr Who?), but I've just never done anything about it... I guess I'm glad I didn't get drastic and start deleting them via console :wink:

Great idea! Thanks Ishara.

In fact, doubly so...the regular mannequins freak the heck out of me (they move around on their own.. you know, like the "weeping angels" from Dr Who?), but I've just never done anything about it... I guess I'm glad I didn't get drastic and start deleting them via console :wink:

For the moving mannequins, there's a simple fix:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6414

I'm having this mod in my load order since it was released. Never saw any mannequin leave its due place again. :cool: