My (modded) Fallout 3 freezes after loading a file

HappyMSI

That is the latest one and it works just fine. After you download and install the game and before you add any mods, launch the game using "FalloutLauncher.exe". This will allow you to set your graphics resolution. Afterwards, use FOMM to launch the game.

When you install FOSE, a button will appear in the FOMM UI that says "Launch FOSE". That is what you use to launch the game.

I think I will uninstall and reinstall from GOG. Even if it will take some time, I won't have to fear any kind of bug related to that.

Thanks youfor the information.

Now I'm using this one : https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54991

run Fomm, take a full page screen shot and post it here "Of Fomm" and files shown in it. I'll explain when you do that.

Now this is frustrating.
I put a copy of it I had on my external hard drive (one with an attempt to use FOMM (ancient) but where I deactivated all and deleted it) in another place than X86 ,I click on "check/repair" on GOG, 300mb of download. Since my previous attempts, I have not touched Fallout-ini in MyGames.
Then I launch Fallout 3 installer and Fallout 3 exe, put fose ver.1_2 beta 2 in the Fallout 3 folder, launch fose_loader (I have put the 3 above as "always run as administrator). I put in the Fallout 3 folder the 4GB archive's content (except for the Fallout.ini I mentionned) and use it on the first 3 exe program. I put the OneTweak in Data/FOSE/Plungin. I put FOMM latest version and check the "always run as administrator" as well as I use the 4GB on it.

Except for a couple ones (not the main mods), I do put all the mods in Fallout 3/Data as recommended. I start with DUI, then Unofficial Patch, then Streett Lights, then ArefuExpanded and Crimson Caravan. I check, twice, once after rebooting my computer. Everything seems fine. I put FOOK then all the rest until MartsMutantsMod and FOIP (compatibility for FOOK and MMM). I even add a merged patch with FO3Edit, which tells me that everything is correct.
Now I don't have anymore the HUD anomalies I had on the main menu (as I mentionned previously) BUT I still have a cut-to-black for 1/5 second (as in a transition) right before the words appear (all those you can click on I mean) . Like before, the program does not respond when I quit (except for some attempts after unchecking some mods) and my game freeze after something like 2 minutes.

Here's the screenshots (by the way, my computer always ask me if I want to launch FOMM considering it bring modifications to the computer, you know the classic asking when you run a program like that for the first time).

None missing + the mods in Package Manager (some of them have also been put into Data I think).

Sorry I may have not exactly understood what you asked me Purr4Me.

Edited by HappyMSI

1. "I put the OneTweak in Data/FOSE/Plungin. I put FOMM latest version and check the "always run as administrator" as well as I use the 4GB on it."

Who told you to use the latest versions? that uses Loot. Use Loot ? I can't help you at all.

Every thing your doing here, and stated is Wrong. Out of sequence and most defiantly will break the game.

Why are you tweaking the hell out of this game? you own some weird PC or something?

"Look" Fallout 3 is a simple game."

" then Unofficial Patch" that ! right there , modifies the ini files and there's no getting around it, that program installer applies the 4gig enabler too !!!!! GOG is already 4 gig aware so that breaches the engine "Before you can even run the game" ??

Most recently I wrote on a thread here for some one else how to set up the game. all that Crap your installing is not how you set up fo3.

On any machine that can run it. In any manner.

you need to stop tweaking this old 11 year old game with modern Ideas, your or their Ideas won't work as you think it should.

That old game software, does not give a dam.

Loot only works from within a modern Mod manager and only barley for mild mods and is not 100%

I linked you the only version you should be using period for fallout 3 controls. Not that latest and greatest Idea. That's not from me, not my advice .

20200710-165240-HDR.jpg

Come on man.

Think about it. Any machine, any OS. Even a tablet OS

take your pic. I'm gonna link in here the other thread. you read it, you talk to the user. You folow the directions I laid out and the game will operate correctly. "All or that ! " tweak this tweak that is NOT going to work. It's a raw un-mididigated mess.

You start here and read through the whole thread. https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9045178-d3d9dll-not-working-on-fallout-3/&do=findComment&comment=84425268

( " Fallout series: (https://www.nexusmod...e_id=1000018736) Direct Download "Fomm" " )

It is direct for a reason, to prevent "you" from making all these mistakes to begin with..

I'm thinking about calling up some old friends and set up a thread so all of the modders here and else where can follow symbolized directions.

An Article.

That covers all Microsoft Visual basics and Full windows 10 compliance's, every thing the Companies use "for free ! "

You better own a large hard drive because it's over 150 gig's worth of editing and creation software.

you want to build programs? you want to build game engines? I'm your gal.

You want access to the real deal ? I'm your gal.

#1. you must have a Microsoft account.

#2. Your OS must be fully up to date and logged into Your Microsoft account.

#3. you must be logged in to Xlive account so you have "legal" access to the software's available for developers.

#4. even admins here are welcome to the servers.

#5. be prepared to sacrifice all the student garbage and outdated things your currently using for the real McCoy.

It all starts with 1 installer application meant for game developers use. IT's a big choice to get involved.

it's not easy. It's not for the high minded individuals. It's hard work. "Study"

But I can set all this up in one document for every one. Things will drastically change here.

Kitty Black

By latest version I meant the one you recommand (that I thought was the latest version) comparing to the one I first used.

About the Unofficial Patch ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19122 ), I saw that it fixes many bugs and glitches within the game but I haven't seen that it modifies anything related to compatibility and game engine. Do you recommend me to use the alternative archive installation ? (Only my last attempt was done with the newbie version, before that, I used the manual one) Or is it completly incompatible with GOG version ?

For all the pre-Mod Manager tools I quoted, I followed videos [ the two from this channel ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTT9bkZytzI&t=2049s )] and forums (most of them were based on the Steam version but without specifying that it's only for this one).

All right, I will read it. Thanks again.

By latest version I meant the one you recommand (that I thought was the latest version) comparing to the one I first used.

About the Unofficial Patch ( https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19122 ), I saw that it fixes many bugs and glitches within the game but I haven't seen that it modifies anything related to compatibility and game engine. Do you recommend me to use the alternative archive installation ? (Only my last attempt was done with the newbie version, before that, I used the manual one) Or is it completly incompatible with GOG version ?

For all the pre-Mod Manager tools I quoted, I followed videos [ the two from this channel ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTT9bkZytzI&t=2049s )] and forums (most of them were based on the Steam version but without specifying that it's only for this one).

All right, I will read it. Thanks again.

Negative>

Fallout-Mod-Manager-0-14-10-8-Fallout-3-

That is what your supposed to have in use. and that is not what you posted. ^^^^^^^^^^^

you have a choice to make. you can do as I suggest and follow it to the letter or fail miserably at getting this old Stubborn game to run.

As far as that supposed "patch" is concerned, it is well known by all authors involved it is being redone from scratch do to all the problems accompanying it.

for get all those videos, don't waste time with things that can't answer you back. I am here to help you, not ridicule you.

the sooner you do as told, the sooner you can play the game and mod it.

see the version ID in the to bar?

Compare:

This is your current Fomm:Wrong.jpg

That's why I am still here.

"The link I recommended" can not be mistaken, it is a direct download link, there can be no mistakes. You chose to use what you thought was right, not what I advised. there's no mistake you're using the wrong one. NOT what I recommended.

Edited by Purr4me

Damn, my bad, I don't know where I screwed however I had downloaded it.

I wasn't counting on a personnal help at first. And I can imagine how tedious it can be to lead a newbie from distance.

Alright, so now I reinstalled it from GOG entirely, made a check/repair, the game crashed after a few seconds after opening the game, I went to "MyGames", and changed back the fallout.ini in place by the copy of the original I had. Now it works. My folder "Saves" is still full of previous saves/attempts with CASM that keep coming back despite the deleting I made of them from the game and directly on the folder. I don't bother but I let you know in case it would be problematic.

I have read the thread you posted.

So now I have my game folder in my harddrive but somewhere else than in X86 Programms. I used "FalloutLauncher.exe", the options are the same as I let them : windowed mode and medium graphics. I used Fallout3.exe, went on a new game, up to the toddler phase where you choose your SPECIAL, made a save, restarted my computer, loaded it, no freeze in 2 minutes, no HUD problem on the main menu, no "This program doesn't answer" when I quit from main menu.

Step by step ... what do I have to do now ?

And specific questions :

_ Should I use ScriptExtender or is it already in FOMM ?

_Where do I place the tools ?

_Considering the mods : Do I put them in Fallout 3 Data and use FOMM to check them or should I let them in my "download" folder ans use AddMod on FOMM ?

_Should I abort Fallout3UnofficialPatch ?

_Should I put "StreetLights" considering "FOOK"'s description tells that it is included in it ?

_Is there something I should avoid among those in the screen I put here ?

Edited by HappyMSI