Problem with Animation mods

MotokoKHammond

Hello so I wanted to use womans walk or another femanine walk animation replacer in my game, however for some reasson I can not for the life of me get it to work without all the male chars in the game also sharing the same animation. I have tried Womans walk, Pretty Woman and Umpa's Sexy Walk and none of them will work on the Player character. They work on female NPC's but not the player character no matter what race I play as. I have tried with an ESP without an ESP, merging with the batch patch and without merging too. I have tried moving the esp up my load order and even at the bottom of my load order yet nothing will get the player character to adopt the new animations. Any help?

Edited by MotokoKHammond

• 3 weeks later...

I think we will need a mod list/load order to know what all could be interfering here.

I know a bunch of situations where animation overrides through one way aren't working, because there's already some in place through another means. Blockhead is a major source for this in my own observations, as I'm using Blockhead and my own animation overrides in some of my projects, and I always have to toggle Blockhead's overrides off before applying my own for any changes to take effect. And I know of quite some other mods which could be similarly affecting this.

Nowadays though the cleanest and safest approaches to animation overrides on race or gender or only player basis are those applied through Blockhead. I set up an entire set of replacement animations for just about every movement, action or idle for my main character and his companion. Whether I play one of them myself or have them following me, they always use their own custom animations and nobody else does. And it's just a bunch of KF files appropriately named, no scripting or plugin necessary.