Merge all "small" mods into one ESP/ESM or make them into ESLs or what?

Ok, thanks!

I don't use any "retexture" mods, because I don't really care about "good graphcs".

Most mods that I use don't really "modify vanilla records", the mostly add "new things" (like settlement objects or custom weapons).

I already merged al,ost all mods with thier "patches" and that gave me a few "slots" to use for other things.

About "merge packs": Yeah, I already found one or two that had everything I wanted (and more) in them, so again, that gave me a bit more "space" to work with ...

I am starting to think that there is no "easy answer" here and I will just have to try to merge a few mods, see if it works and if not, try anoher "combinaton" of mods to merge.

I foresee a day soon when many of my installed mods will have mutated so far away from the original "release" there will be no going back for them.

Hopefully by then I will know enough about what is going inside that I can write my own instead, if need be.

So far have reduced 376+ mods to 246 Active plugins, eliminating 130-ish. :pirate:

There are dozens more that can be merged (i.e. hair/armor esps), but i don't want to lose internal refs to original file(s) just yet.