Flickering objects, but not always

could you try to add the flag " is full LOD" to the static object in Fo4 edit and remove its lod mesh records. that way there will only ever bee one mesh for the true static item and also used same one for LOD. but this can impact performance if there is a lot of these items and its a big worldspace.
After making these changes you would of course need to regenerate LOD

Edited by Oynlen

could you try to add the flag " is full LOD" to the static object in Fo4 edit and remove its lod mesh records. that way there will only ever bee one mesh for the true static item and also used same one for LOD. but this can impact performance if there is a lot of these items and its a big worldspace.

After making these changes you would have course need to regenerate LOD

I disabled the "Has distant LOD meshes" thing on the static object.

Then I opened my ESP in FO4Edit and for every instance of that object, there already was a "Visible when distant" - flag set.

I didn't set that lflag in the CK ("is full LOD") ....

When I went into the CK and checkd a few of those references, I discovered that the "is full LOD" flag was not set.

Weird ...

So, I tried to set the "is full LOD" flag for a few references, just to try it, regenerated LOD and started the game.

This is the result:

73722383-1600057245.png

They don't show up. Not if the player is far away, not if the player is close (like in the screenshot).

Other static objects with the "is full LOD" flag enabled in that worldspace show up just fine.

This is some weird stuff ...

Perhaps check the NIF of this object in NIFSkope, see if it has BSLODTrishape nodes in it. If so, try converting them to regular BSTrishapes.

I just assumed that it was a vanilla mesh and so it would JUST WORKTM.

What a terrible thing to assume ......

Ok, so I checked it and no, there is nothing like that. Only the physics / collison and the actual mesh.