Armor Varients 4 All

G4M3W1NN3R

hi guys and gals, i am thinking about creating heavy and light armor variants for every single armor in the game + Dlc

the aim is to make all of the armours viable for any build, such as assassins, the classic stealth archer, or heavy juggernauts etc etc. (if thier is enough interest i would also consider creating robe varients for all armors, but only if their is interest, as i personally i only play warriors/hunters)

imagine Light Daedric armor, or Heavy Nightingale Armor as examples.

the mod will cover every single armor and clothing, including unique items, such as Nightingale, Deathbrand, Saviors hide etc etc, and will literally add both light and heavy variants of them.

everything will be craftable, including unique items, and with regards to unique items they will follow the same crafting requirements that closely matches them

example, i personally class Nightingale Armor as Daedric, as such, Heavy Nightingale armor will require: Void Salts, Ebony Ingots, Leather and now Daedra Hearts. its armor rating will be equivlent to Daedric or Ebony

all new varients will follow my own standards, which will be as follows:

New Armor Varients, Standards

=====
Heavy
=====
Cuirass Armor Weight: + 10
Cuirass Armor Rating: + 10
Boots Armor Weight: + 3
Boots Armor Rating: + 3
Gauntlets Armor Weight: + 2
Gauntlets Armor Rating: + 2
Helmet Armor Weight: + 5
Helmet Armor Rating: + 5
=====
Light
=====
Cuirass Armor Weight: - 10
Cuirass Armor Rating: - 10
Boots Armor Weight: - 3
Boots Armor Rating: - 3
Gauntlets Armor Weight: - 2
Gauntlets Armor Rating: - 2
Helmet Armor Weight: - 5
Helmet Armor Rating: - 5

essentially their will be a 20 points total, armor rating and armor weight difference (full set) between heavy and light armor varients - in comparison to the armor they are mimicking.

the new variants Will Not visually look different however, as such for the purpose of "Immersion", it would be ideal to run skimpy armor replacers, as that would logically make the new light variants of heavy armor, look like they would weigh less and offer less protection. however that would also make heavy varients of light armor even less believable.

so yea, i am making this topic, to see if anyone would be interested in this mod idea, and also to see if it actually exists already.

i am currently doing this for a few other mods i have, and once i have finished, i will then go ahead and make this mod.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

No one has yet attempted this? I can't say that I have deliberately searched, but it's a rather obvious niche that could or should be filled. Have you also considered whether you might also have differentiated male and "risque" versions of each outfit? It could be a huge undertaking.

It's sad that the game didn't have an integral means of dynamically applying armor values based on armor class, similar to how the game has body weights from 0 to 100 to which everything dynamically adapts.

No one has yet attempted this? I can't say that I have deliberately searched, but it's a rather obvious niche that could or should be filled. Have you also considered whether you might also have differentiated male and "risque" versions of each outfit? It could be a huge undertaking.

It's sad that the game didn't have an integral means of dynamically applying armor values based on armor class, similar to how the game has body weights from 0 to 100 to which everything dynamically adapts.

currently the only difference will be value changes, which will be Armor Rating, Armor Weight, Crafting Recipes, Tempering Recipes, and Light keywords + Heavy keywords added respectivally. the aim of the mod is to make every single armor viable for any playstyle, for example my favorite armor in the game is Nightingale, my favorite playstyle is close combat berserker (Dual Wielder), so ideally my prefered armor choice should be Heavy Armor. as such nightingale being light armor, is not viable for my playstyle.

so as such by creating this mod, i will now have access to a Heavy Variant of my favorite armor, whilst now being viable at my favorite playstyle :wink:

so light daedric armor for example will look exactly the same as heavy, hence the recommendation for skimpy armor replacers, such as killer keos, as this would then compliment my mod, light vairents of heavy armor, will logically make more sense, as they will look lighter and likewise look like they offer less protection. however with that said this mod is meant to be basic, but effective in its design. essentially the sole purpose is to remove restrictions thus granting freedom of diversity. its not meant to be an immersive or logic mod as such no visual alterations will be made. but the skimpy armor replacer mods will be recommended if you care about visual immersion, with regards to light varients of heavy armor.

the mod itself will be pretty basic in nature, as everything will look the exact same as the armor they are mimicking, the only difference will be value changes, keywords and recipes. texturing and mesh work is not something i do, as such their will be no changes visually to the armors, aside from value changes. although i can work with outfit studio, and know how to create bodyslides, but this is irrelvant in this case. so value changes only.

eventually i would like to adapt to what they Done in ESO (elder scrolls online) with their armor classes, Such as Light, Medium and Heavy. so i am planning on doing this in the future, this will be part of my planned Elder scrolls offline mod. the idea with medium armor, is i will mash heavy armor with light armor, ie, taking parts of heavy armor and adding said parts onto light armor, via Outfit Studio. this will effectively create Medium armor.

and i will then attempt to fully implement medium armor into the game, the armor itself will likewise be added, and likewise will include Medium Armor based perks into the Light Armor skill tree, essentially light armor will now have 2 branching paths, that will cover both light armor and now medium armor. and just like ESO and many other games, each armor varient will be specialed for specific classes,

Light Armor: Mage Playstyles, Light Armor will have magicka based enchantments

Medium Armor: Warrior/Hunter Playstyles: Medium Armor will have Stamina Based Enchantments

Heavy Armor: Tank Playstyles: Heavy Armor will have Health Based Enchantments

but yea, i figured i will create this mod first, as it will be much quicker and simpliar to make, vs my other much bigger and more indepth mods. which will be Elder Scrolls offline, a mod that aims to fully implement many of ESO ideas into skyrim, such as medium armor, Crafting Sets, World Sets, basically armor sets that have unique properties and much more. this mod is very ambitious, will have a lot of thought and time put into it, and will take a very long time to make, but should make skyrim considerably more unique, and feel like ESO offline.

the other planned mod, is a recreation of the very first mod i ever made for Skyrim back in 2012 under the Name Twistedfatal, which at the time was Called: TF - Guardians. this mod will also be a very big project, and will greatly increase the difficulty of dungeons, caves, vampires, falmer, draugr etc etc, whilst adding many new varients of these enemies, as well as new enemeis, known as guardians.

but yea back to this mod:

the idea for this mod came to me because i had the same idea, with Deserter X Mods, where i have actually made a Light and Heavy Varient of every single 1 of his mods as well as converted his robes into light and heavy armor for my own personal use only. as my game consists of me + 3 followers, which each specialize in heavy armor and light armor respectfully by doing what i have done they can now have the armor i will give them instead of being restricted to specific armor, and the way i play the game, is i plan everything before i play, i write down what followers i have, and then plan their armors they will wear at specfic levels, i also do that for my own character, as i will change their armor every 10 levels

so yea, the real aim is to remove restrictions. thus diversity and enjoyability.

i am also doing this for all 91 of ninirm armor collection, thus effectively doubling it to 182 armors. currently spent a week already on it, and making good progress. only mentioning this, as that is what i am currently working on, once finished, i will then start work on this mod.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

Is there a potential generalized way to solve this programmatically through scripting, so that it can be applied to any outfit regardless of its original type/class? I suppose, even if it were possible, the scripting required would be too burdensome to make it practical.

its probably possible, however i believe this sounds like something you would do with skse, rather then papyrus (as in creating a skse plugin, rather then creating scripts in the ck) however with that said, i am not too familiar with either, in the sense i have only ever created basic scripts, and have never created skse plugin.

i assume you mean to create it, so that the value changes can also be applied to mod added armors, without the need to edit said mods. otherwise, directly editing the armor is not a problem.

i have finally finished editing the ninrim collection, it took 100 hours to add 91 new variants, to give you an idea of how long it takes. but yea, now that is finished, i will start work on this mod.

skyrim does not have anywhere near that amount of armors, so this mod should not take too long, currently from a quick check, i can see about 50

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

I just downloaded the Ninirim collection from a certain source (not here) for the first time a few days ago. I've barely scratched the surface of even looking at all of them. I have 94 outfits in that collection, BTW....

i deleted some that i did not like, so i rounded it down to 91

to give you an idea. the esp is now 1.15 MB, which now consists of 4937 record entries

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

Update:

i have started work on the mod

=================

Ancient Draugr Armor

=================

Ancient Draugr Armor has been buffed, the Heavy Varient of the full set now grants 100 points armor rating, which makes it slightly more protective then a full set of Ebony Armor (Excluding the shield). and 8 points less protective then daedric armor. it is also lighter then daedric armor. making it a very worthy armor for late game, this armor should be classed as light Daedric Armor.

Ancient Draugr Armor is now craftable, both Heavy and the New Light Varients of it, and in keeping with base game, Ancient draugr armor requires Daedric Smithing and likewise will be found in Daedric Section (which by default already requires).

Ancient Draugr armor, now requires both Ebony Ingots and Iron ingots to craft and Temper. unlike most armors which only require 1 item to temper, Ancient Draugr requires 2 items to temper, that is Ebony ingot and Iron Ingot.

the vision behind the change:

in the base game Ancient Draugr armor has the Daedric Keyword, meaning it requires Daedric Smithing. as such it should now be classed as light daedric armor, with all the benefits of being classed as daedric armor.

Iron ingots are used to make the Armor Lighter then Daedric, and Ebony Ingots are used to make the armor considerable more protective.

In base game Ancient Draugr has the exact same armor rating as Iron Armor (except ancient draugr does not have a shield), which to me makes no sense given its Daedric Smithing keyword. as such it now furfills that daedric keyword, and likewise is now an end game armor set. i class this armor as unique set of armor, and likewise it now lives up to that unique armor set, by being much more protective then default, with the added benefit of being lighter then Daedric.

This change will be removed if their is requests, but by default when the mod is released this change will be part of it, however as said i will remove the change if their is requests for it to be removed.

understand with this change is going for funtionactily rather then visually, visually the armor looks like it would not be inline with ebony, let alone better then ebony, but functionally it is classed as daedric armor, as such it will be inline with daedric armor, that is the vision for this change, plus i prefer the look of it vs ebony anyway, and i class it as a unique armor set, unlike ebony, the armor is in fact rare as well thus living up to my idea of it being a unique set. but as said this change will be removed if requested.

===========

Blades Armor

===========

Blades Armor is now Craftable, both light and heavy varients have now been created for it, Blades can now be tempered past flawless. it now also uses the Steelplate Crafting recipes, as this armor logically would be an alternative version to steelplate, it is 1 point stronger then steel plate, and is superior as Blades armor has a shield, unlike steelplate, plus the armor looks superior imo, love the samurai type look it has going for it.

Blades keyword has been added to the AdvancedArmors perk, as such it can now be tempered past flawless.

===========

Unique Armor

===========

In order to keep consistant with the game, Unique armor will simply require you to have the armor already, then in the forge, you will have the option to Convert that unique armor to heavy or light varient. that way, you will still need to acquire the armor normally such as completing the hircine quest for saviors hide, and progressing the thieves guild questline for nightingale as examples. as such doing it this way will allow you to change the armor to heavy or light at any time as long as you have the armor in your inventory. this does mean that you can only ever have 1 copy of the unique item at any given time, unless you console/use AIM to add more copies of it.

i am not planning on creating scripts for this mod as such, the above method is the only logical way of granting these armor sets to be crafted, whilst still keeping inline with the game

however i can straight up create crafting recipes for unique armors, so that that both light and heavy varients can be crafted normally (meaning you can create multiple varients, should you wish to outfit your army of followers) just like any other non-unique armor, for those that dont care about consistency with the game, however this will only be done if their is requests for it.

Note this will also include all dragon priest masks, as they are still unique armor. they will also follow the same vision for unique armor, meaning you will need to acquire them naturally, and then when you go to a forge with them in your inventory you will have the option to craft a new varient of it.

=====

Notes

=====

Every single armor in the game will now be able to be tempered past flawless where applicable, example, armors such as blades that has unique keywords will be added to the requirements for specific crafting perks that allows items to be tempered past flawless.

and every armor will be craft-able. as that is the main vision of the mod. but in a way that still furfills the base game vision, for example as mentioned above, unique armor will still require their natural method of acquiring them, before they can be crafted.

New armor varients will not be added into the leveled lists, as such this gives the illusion that only the player would know how to make armor lighter and or heavier.

their will be a total of 15 armor rating points difference between new light and heavy varients of the armor vs their counterpart (full set, Excluding shields), and a 20 points armor weight difference (full set, excluding shields).

shields will also be included, as such their will be new light and heavy varients of all shields.

new armor varients will not have enchantments either. unless they already have enchantments as part of the armor, such as unique armor sets in that case the new varients will have the enchantments when you craft them.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

Update:

All Non-Unique Armor Sets are now Finished, Just the Unique Armor to go, then mod will be uploaded

i have created many new crafting recipes and tempering recipes, granting the abiility to now be able to craft most armor in the game, such as: Falmer, Forsworn, Bandit, etc etc. anything that was not craftable before, is craftable now.

i have tried to be unique with regards to creating crafting recipes as in to make in believable that specific ingriediants would be needed to craft the specific armor, Here is an example of 1 of my crafting recipes:

==============

Forsworn Armor
==============
Created Crafting Recipes for the *Forsworn Armor*
*Forsworn Armor* will be found in the *Fur Category*
Forsworn Requires: Hawk Feathers, Leather, Leatherstrips, Human Skull
Note: Chose them specific items, as to match the visual appearence of the forsworn armor set :tongue:
*Hawk Feathers*, matches the feathers as seen on the Armor, especially on female varient
*Human Skull*, is the closest match for the armor, especially applicable to the Male Varient of the armor,
however their is only 2 skulls in the game, Troll skull, which clearly does not match, and human skull
Human Skull Fits Based on the Lore of the Forsworn, Formally Reachmen, barbaric savages :smile:
*Forsworn Armor* can now be Tempered Past Flawless, Requires Elven Smithing Perk. (as forsworn is light armor, elven smtihing was the best match, based on armor stats)
*Forsworn Armor* does not require any perks to Craft, as such it can be crafted straight from the get go. chose to not go require perks, as it is still essentially fur armor. thus can be crafted straight from level 1
Note: I have also fixed many inconsistencies in the game, such as Imperial Heavy Armor being weaker then steel, now Imperial Heavy Armor has the same stats as steel, a lot more information will be released when the mod is done.
Note: the above refeering to forsworn description is taken from my planned release notes. their is a lot more information to be expected. but used that as an example. for a mod that is pretty simple, a lot of thought is going into it xD

All unique Armor will follow an armor conversion type deal, meaning you will be required to have the unique armor in your inventory, and then you will be able to convert that armor into a heavy or light varient, this will keep the mod lore friendly, however i am planning optional files for the mod, such as lore breaking options, that will allow you to craft any armor in the game regardless of requirements, meaning unique armor for example will use the vanilla crafting system, meaning you will be able to create multiple sets of nightingale for example without needing to ever do the thieves, it will simply require daedric smithing.

by defualt this mod will try to stick to the lore as possible, this will be the original upload, however certain armors will be craftable from the get go, simply due to convienance such as Forsworn, Bandit armor, and imperial/Stormcloak armors, including officer and Bear versions of stormcloak armor.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R