Blockhead Unique Bodytypes

DonozPaps

Ya ... we're going to need a BBBed skeleton, didn't think of it for the body until you brought it up.

Not hard to fix.

I suggest Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons even though there are newer ones available. You've indicated to me that you have no interest in BBB so what we are going to do is just install the BBB skeleton but not the BBB animation replacers. That will leave you with no BBB, but more importantly none of the visual glitches that happen when you use a BBBed mesh with a non-BBB skeleton.

Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeletons will install fine with OBMM. It is not a pre-made OMOD so you will need to go through the Add Archive method as we did before in the OCO v2 mod comments.

The BBB skeleton was something I had on my "to do" list for you, as many mods you will run into (including some suggestions I have for you) will require it.

- Edit - So now when you see somebody with a problem they call "boobs to infinity" you'll be able to tell them what to do!

- Edit - Coronerras is a mod that I call a "pure replacer" as it does not require an ESP file to work. In the OBMM left hand panel nothing will show after it is installed, but as soon as you go in game and test again with your nude character you will see that it is working.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The menu idle is fixed in the game to show either hand to hand idle (if you have no weapon equipped) or to show the weapon idle that goes with the weapon you have equipped. Blockhead does have a way to change that in Blockhead.ini but I haven't messed with it much.

You've probably noticed that when your character is dressed or wearing armor you have the bust size of the EVE equipment replacer, but once you take of the clothes/armor you are the AC AAA size. Now that body size does not have a lot of equipment replacers available, but there are some I know of (they just don't cover all of the available equipment).

Mod author yuravica has released some armor and clothing that is a pretty close match (looks to be HGEC AA for some of them). They were all released in small batches or one at a time ... if you do a search on Oblivion Mods for user yuravica you'll see seven pages of mods. Many of them are set up to be replacers, so that would mean that all NPCs that wear that particular item will be wearing the replacement. Then you'll have the opposite problem with NPCs ... when you kill them and loot their body it will go from small bust to big once they are naked.

User elPatrixF released a single mod that has most of the available FLY series (a subset of the yuravica mods), originally as a non-replacer that was then turned into a semi-non-replacer (the armors got added to the leveled lists at a 30% spawn chance).

What I'm going to suggest is you download the old version of FLY Armor and Clothing - BBB - Non-replacers (so download the one in the Old Files section right at the bottom of the list on the Files tab) to a folder, and extract it to that same folder (same as you did with SetBody Reloaded). You can then use NifSkope to check out the following armor and clothes:

FLY_Armor

ArenaHeavyBlue

ArenaLightYellow

DarkBrotherhood

DarkSeducer

Leather (which is an unused armor in the vanilla game ... the one you'd think was called Leather is called Thief)

Orcish

FLY_Clothes

ApronRythes

LowerClass 01

RobeKingWorm

RobeNecromancer

If you decide you'd like some of those (or others from that mod) it comes as what is known as an OMOD ready format (so you still need to go through the add archive method in OBMM, but it is organised in an OMOD friendly manner). The version 1.0 that I'm suggesting to you adds a spell named FLY Container to your character and that spell summons the container to you and you can take what you'd like from it and just leave any you don't want.

One other thing to note for you ... because NifSkope is set up to find the textures in the game's folders it won't display the textures while you are checking the meshes out in your download folder. Don't worry, they will have proper textures once you see them in game.

- Edit - As for pictures ... if you uploaded them here in the regular member Image Share they would need to be no nudity, and my guess that is what you'd like me to confirm for you. Perhaps an option is to upload them at the SetBody Reloaded page (that mod is set to Adult and so can show pictures with nudity). Let me know if you go that route.

- Edit 2 - If you click and drag with your mouse you can rotate your character and move them closer or farther back ... that may let you see what you need to verify that the body is working correctly.

Alright I downloaded the Fly armor clothing file. If the body size I choosed dont have much options, I can have a one with more. I would actually like to get a busty thick body as well so there wouldn't be any problem. If It's not a problem to our procedure?

Your character can only be one size at a time, but changing the body for your character is as simple as copying the new size upper and lower body (and hands and feet if they don't use the standard HGEC hands and feet meshes) to the PerNPC\Oblivion.esm folder and renaming them.

One trick I use when trying out different bodies on an NPC is to rename the one I just tried (so in your case 00000007_UpperBody.nif) with some xx in front (so change the file name to xx00000007_UpperBody.nif) and then change the name on the new one you'd like to try to 00000007_UpperBody.nif. Blockhead just ignores files that aren't named exactly right so you can have as many different choices all in the PerNPC\Oblivion.esm folder for your character with just a different combination of xx in front (so x00000007_UpperBody.nif and xx0000007_UpperBody.nif and xxx0000007_Upperbody.nif etc). When you want to switch you just do a little file renaming right in the PerNPC\Oblivion.esm folder.

For clothes and armor you need to make certain that the mod you are checking out is not a replacer or it will change all of the NPCs who wear that item in the game (or if you don't mind then they would be OK too). When I want one particular NPC to have a certain item of clothing or armor to "fit" the body they have I use the Construction Set to add it to their inventory. That might be pushing you onto a pretty steep part of the learning curve at this point in time.

Oh wow thats a really good trick. I'll find another bodytype quickly this time. The other npcs can have any bodytype they want even the default. Its alright for me. If I have to choose a non-HGEC body files. I'll just rename the hands and feet as well like the upper and lower body parts right?

Edit- Alright I tested myself If I understood your trick and yes I can change the body type of my character easily, Thanks again. How do we make that the cloth/armor will take the shape of the current bodytype?

Edited by DonozPaps

Not so fast ... we haven't ventured into body texture overrides yet, and non-HGEC meshes will absolutely have to have the proper texture overrides to display correctly.

So that means before you try for instance Robert Female from SetBody Reloaded on your character we need to set up the folders for Blockhead's texture overrides. Robert Female is the only one in that SetBody Reloaded download that isn't HGEC compatible, but there are others on Oblivion Mods that require different textures than HGEC (e.g. UFF ... Ultimate Fatasy Figure).

So the way that HGEC maps the texyures on the body is it uses the foot texture (footfemale.dds) to cover all of the feet, legs, torso and arms, but it leaves the hands to be covered by handfemale.dds. Roberts Female uses the footfemale.dds to cover everything ... feet, legs, torso, arms and hands.

What happens is when you use a mesh that is designed to use Roberts Female but instead try to cover that mesh with HGEC textures (the one that is supposed to cover just the feet, legs, torso and arms) the texture for the hands is not there, and so doesn't display correctly. It's actually even worse, because the individual parts of the mesh and textures are mapped onto one another in a very specific way, so when the correct texture is used all looks positioned properly, but when an incorrect texture is used you can have nipples in the wrong spot and things like that.

Stick with HGEC meshes for now, and then I'll show you how to use different HGEC textures to change how your character looks. A lot of how a particular HGEC texture looks depends on details found on different HGEC body meshes, so on the AC AAA body mesh a body texture that has large diameter nipples will still look fairly small diameter as compared to when that same texture is used on a AC SMB mesh (which will also be larger with the same texture as an AC SMB2 mesh).

You can see that yourself in NifSkope just by comparing those three body meshes with the single HGEC texture we installed with EVE. Now look at Female Body Retextured (you will need to downoad to a folder and extract to that same folder ... look for the files in the SS folder in the extracted download for examples) and you'll see there is quite a large range of nipple options available. Couple the largest of the nipple options from Female Body Retexured with the AC SMB body mesh and you can get a significantly different look than what you see when using the EVE HGEC body texture.