Blockhead Unique Bodytypes

DonozPaps

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes ... unless you have already installed a mod that adds the SpecialAnims folder to your Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male folder it will not be there yet.

Actually the vanilla game does have a SpecialAnims folder, but it is hidden from view inside the vanilla game Oblivion - Meshes.bsa file in your Data folder. It will load whatever it finds there unless it finds the same file in the one you can see in the game folders. Blockhead then adds another layer to that, and because it has renamed the files for it's purpose the vanilla game will ignore them and Blockhead uses them.

So that was the reason behind the copy and paste of the Combat Stance mod's SpecialAnims folder to your game's Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male folder ... to set up the folder that Blockhead will need to work. I just figured rather than have you create the needed folder and then copy those files to the folder, why not do the two things at once.

Sorry if it was a bit confusing.

- Edit - For the purpose of Blockheading we will not need to touch the IdleAnims folder ... it's just fine as it is.

Did you go through the renaming them with copy/paste the _BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007 part into the file name (e.g. BowForward.kf to BowForward_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf)?

No I just use the regular NotePad for stuff like that, but NotePad++ would work too. I like to use NotePad to stip out anything extra that may come from copy and paste from somewhere like a web page (for example you could highligh the _BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007 from my previous post and use that to paste at the end of the BowForward part of BowForward.kf (making it BowForward_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf) but if any extra invisible characters got copied from the post they could screw up the file name (I see stuff like that when trying to copy and paste between different posts I've made)

I've just gotten into the habit of using NotePad to "clean" any text I'm using in a copy/paste operation. Using copy/paste will make the job of renaming all those animations much quicker, easier and mistake free (it's a long thing to type out twenty, thirty or more times without making an error ... I know from experience).

Alright so I checked in-game before doing the notepad stuff and it seems animations work. The fist position and bow works. How do I do the copying thing exactly?

I really lost our procedure last 2 days because I had online exams, sorry. Lets begin again starting with downloading the animation mod.

I downloaded the mod and If I remember correctly I created a specialanims folder to oblivion male folder. It contains those BLKD PER NPC folders the other folder _male contains is idle animation and It only has stand file. other than that there are many KF files. Now what exactly I do with the notepad? sorry I just got confused about this part.

Edited by DonozPaps

OK ... lets leave NotePad out of it then.

First download Combat Stance Reanimation to a folder and extract it to that same folder (probably already done).

In the extracted download find the Core\Meshes\Characters\_male folder and click on the _male folder (or double left click if you use the single pane view of Windows Explorer ... I use the two pane view with a Details pane to the right and a Navigation pane to the left). You will now see all of the files contained in the Core\Meshes\Characters\_male folder. Highlight all of them and select Copy from the right click menu.

Next navigate to the game's Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims folder and right click on the SpecialAnims folder and select Paste. You may get a Windows prompt that there is already a file named the same as those you are pasting ... select the option to overwrite all files if you get that prompt (you may not, depending on what you have already tried to do in the SpecialAnims folder).

Now we will rename the files that you will now find in the Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims folder

Highlight the next line with your mouse and Copy (click and drag so it is all highlighted and hit Ctrl plus C) ...

_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007

Now go to the first file in the game's Oblivion\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims folder ... which should be BlockHit.kf and right click on it and select Rename from the right click menu. All of the BlockHit part of the file name will be highlighted ... single left clcik at the end of the BlockHit part but before the .kf part (so that what we will be inserting into the file name will come after the BlockHit part). Hit Ctrl plus V and we will be pasting in the _BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007 part and now the file name will be BlockHit_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf and we can move down to the next file in the list.

So now you will highlight BlockIdle.kf, right click -> Rename -> click at the end of BlockIdle to remove the highlight and position the insertion point at the end of BlockIdle -> hit Ctrl + V and once again paste in the _BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007 part of the new file name. BlockIdle.kf will now be named BlockIdle_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf.

Continue down the list the same way.

When you get to HandToHandIdle.kf look to see whether or not you already have a file named HandToHandIdle_BLKD_PERNPC_Oblivion.esm_00000007.kf (could be there from your creating the SpecialAnims folder stuff the other day). If that file is already there then you can skip the renaming and instead just delete the HandToHandIdle.kf file from the Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims folder. If it is not already there then you will do the renaming step.

The same thing goes for any of the other files that are seen in the Combat Stance Core\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims folder that you may (or may not) have already copied to the game's Oblivion\Data\Meshes\Characters\_male\SpecialAnims folder.

And no appologies required ... remember that I said school is priority number 1.

Edited by Striker879

@Striker879

I learn so much from you

Oh oh ... now I have some rather large shoes on ... I'm bound to trip over my own feet!!

Did anybody see where I left my nose ... it's kinda' big, round and red.

I've seen some of you posts on Bevilex and elsewhere. You are no slouch yourself Wiepman.