I Have a Problem with the FOMM Fork Mod Manager

TLC77

Hey so, today, I downloaded a Fork version of FOMM, and it was going pretty well until I was downloading a mod until it told me something like "Error: File Already Exists". I tried to reach out to the dev on discord, but it seems that he doesn't really care. Anyways, i don't want to go back to the older, official FOMM and reinstall every single mod over again. Thanks in advance!

Why do you doubt the error message? Make sure you are looking at the same, full path and filename (e.g. "c:\games\mods\modname.7z") that is generating the error. If you don't see a file, make sure you have enabled the display of "hidden" files in the "file Explorer". Finally, you can always save the file with a different filename.

-Dubious-

Why do you doubt the error message? Make sure you are looking at the same, full path and filename (e.g. "c:\games\mods\modname.7z") that is generating the error. If you don't see a file, make sure you have enabled the display of "hidden" files in the "file Explorer". Finally, you can always save the file with a different filename.

-Dubious-

Because my Steam is on a different drive, there are no files from those mods in the data folder, even if I uninstall a mod, i won't be able to download it back and I have already enabled hidden folders in the file explorer prior to this,

"Unable to download it back" sounds like you are confusing "download" with "installing", which are two separate operations to separate locations/paths (which you might not have realized because the mod managers you have used hid the separate steps from you). This error appears to be the result of a configuration problem with FOMM.

FOMM used an old, now defunct (as in "no longer available") API to download files from the Nexus. You have to manually download to a different folder than "Data", which is probably where you are getting the "Error: File Already Exists" from. Check the download folder for the file. You then use FOMM (configured to point to the download folder to obtain the files) to unpack the archive file into the "Data" folder.

Otherwise clarify the exact paths where you are downloading files and where your "Data" folder is located, actual and as configured in FOMM. Make sure both have "File and Folder permissions": "Full Control" for "Users" on both of those folders. ("Access permissions" should generate a different error if that is the problem, but multiple problems can mask each other.)

-Dubious-