Creation Kit Error

Osheanity

I'm having a problem opening up the creation kit to look at scripts, i can open up the creation kit and do every feature excpet look at scripts, SKSE is at the latest version so is skyrim and the creation kit, everytime i try and look at the code i get an error message from SKSE saying "Couldn't read the arguments." Anyone know of a fix!?

Thanks for the help!

How many files are in your Data\Scripts\Source folder? Is it (cough) over 9000? You may need to use Steam's "check consistency" feature on the Toolset.

Same goes for SKSE. You can "install" SKSE and it'll work fine without actually copying in its PEX and PSC files. Double-check your download and drag in the contents of Data\Scripts.

If not that, re-download SKSE and re-install, overwriting if prompted.

Thanks for the reply.

Before I posted I had already tried re installing SKSE and the creation kit, probably should have said that :p I also did the creation kit file validation scan through steam with no luck, is that the same scan u were talking about? Sorry I haven't bothered to look because I'm writing this through my phone and I'm at the hospital atm.

Alright. Under which circumstances are you getting an error?

• Just opening some existing scripts you have written?
  • Trying to open any scripts?
  • Trying to double-click "new script"?

At one point I was getting strange errors with all of the above, and the answer in my case was to "validate" (the Toolkit, not Skyrim the game) and re-install SKSE's PEX / PSC files.

If you're only getting errors with certain files, though, you should check if those files actually exist in your Data\Scripts\Source folder. All of the game's scripts should (again, if you've validated), but many mods out there won't include these files.

I can create a new script by going to the papyrus script manager, right clicking and pressing new script which brings up a window with options to the new script, but i get the error on all scripts includding new scripts just made and default skyrim scripts. I tried re installing the SKSE's PEX / PSC files with no luck. I have validated the creation kits files under tools section. maybe a better option would be to set something like notepad ++ as the default editor? but then how would i set it as the default code editor?