Help! My gun is too gooey!

LucidLady

At first glance seemed that the Constructible Object is duplicated. I understand what you wanted to do. But you can have one Constructible Object with two conditions. In this case you have to use(enable option) "OR" for both conditions. That way it will check if the player has either AquaBoy or AquaGirl.

At first glance seemed that the Constructible Object is duplicated. I understand what you wanted to do. But you can have one Constructible Object with two conditions. In this case you have to use(enable option) "OR" for both conditions. That way it will check if the player has either AquaBoy or AquaGirl.

I don't understand @_@

How do you "use(enable) "OR" for both conditions"?

Wait, do you mean "Equal to / OR"?

Edited by LucidLady

Have you thought if the crabs should de-spawn? Because I have an idea(rather on how to dispose of them), but only if you're thinking of adding that option to the mod.

Well, they already DO despawn if you leave the area. I'm honestly not sure how long they take to despawn - i have my game's cells set to respawn every in-game day. Do they not despawn when you fast travel away and return back immediately in your game?

You can also just kill them lol. What did you have in mind?

Have not considered fast traveling. I just assumed the crabs would stay there and roam around the last spot. I had to switch to different save game, to have more locations available. Spawned a few crabs at Egret Tours, went to Sanctuary. Fought some attackers there, then I traveled to Egret Tours, the crabs were gone. I have not touched any cell respawn settings, but you are right about leaving the area.

What I had in mind is making magic effect, that damages the health. Putting the magic effect in a Spell, setting up a magnitude(how much hp to drain) and a condition(spell would only work if the npc is out of combat). Then put the Spell in the NPC records of the crabs, under Actor Effect. In the NPC records add Destructible Data. In the destructible data put a tick for "Disable", which will make the crab disappear when hp reaches zero. Optionally you can set an explosion, when that happens. It seems to work. My only concern is if the destruction data somehow locks/makes fixed the HP of the NPC. I have not dug too much into that. Anyway, no need to overcomplicate things, since the crabs disappear when you fast travel. If it ain't broken... :) .

That certainly does sound complex @_@;

Don't get me wrong, i'm savin' that post for later consumption too.

But having them die like that makes me a little sad lol

I think everything else about this is juuuuust about right now - it took me a hot minute to figure out how to make different barrels.

Just gotta repeat the process for the individual-dlc versions of this mod, and that's gonna take a whiiiiile...

One more thing about this method of killing the crabs, because tougher ones will have more health. You might need to add the same magic effect multiple times, only with different values for the magnitude and more conditions(maybe for level or some other way to distinguish the different types of crabs). Or another option is to create more Spells instead, one for each type of crab. The purpose is crabs with less hp don't die too fast, crabs with more HP don't die too slow. I didn't explain this whole thing in too much detail though(in terms of actual settings), because there is no reason to use it, since they actually de-spawn. There is another interesting thing I found out, gonna drop this info for eventual future use. You can duplicate one of the vanilla explosions to create a new form. Then add a placed item for the explosion - the egg ammo. This custom explosion can be used in the destructible data. So the end result would be - the crabs leave eggs when they die. Hope this will make you less sad :wink: .

Very interesting! But if they leave an egg when they die, that seems to make the weapon too OP in my opinion. Infinite ammo, y'know?

Then again, maybe I could make that a special legendary variant... hmm...

I guess I could make a version where they die out of combat too, in case people want that!

Right now i'm just trying to get the eggs to bounce off surfaces rather than exploding on impact.