⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Help! My gun is too gooey!

LucidLady

Oof, i'm not about tacklin' the bouncy-egg effect for now x_x;

But thank you for the instructions!

Right now i'm workin' on making them die out of combat as an option.

I decided to give each crab a unique "Exposure Sensitivity" keyword, and created a new Enchantment.

The enchantment casts on themselves, and has two conditions. 1 that they have the special keyword, and 1 that they be out of combat.

I'm gonna make a few different tiers of the Enchantment that have different magnitudes and apply those to each crab depending on how much health they have.

Should I make it a separate main file with the fragile crabs? Or should I include them in the Season Pass main file as separate barrels?

There's already 6 different barrel modes for the non-Exposure-Sensitive crabs @_@

I tried with the file, where I copied collision from the frag grenade projectile. Thought that it will bounce off. But that didn't happen. Either the collision copy isn't working, or there is more that needs to be done beside that.

Yes. Mhm.

It's gonna take me a bit to consume this absolute unit of a post.

I've gone cross-eyed looking over your post for now, but I don't want you to think i'm not gonna have a go at it.

Both you and robotized are goin' in the special thanks section =D

And in my preview video i'm gonna make it super clear to everyone that it's you two that wanted the crabs to die, NOT ME!

Damage health by % sounds like a great idea. Scripting sure does allow to do so much more.

There are two reasons I tried to research that route(killing the crabs). From personal modding interest and because I thought the crabs won't de-spawn. At the end, the decision to include it is yours. I don't want to be chased down by various organizations for protecting the post-apocalyptic mutated wild life :D . Maybe instead of additional barrels, just put it as an optional file. It will save you some work from creating and editing more forms.

I tried with the file, where I copied collision from the frag grenade projectile. Thought that it will bounce off. But that didn't happen. Either the collision copy isn't working, or there is more that needs to be done beside that.

You need to edit the projectile and set it to Alt. Trigger instead of Trigger on Impact, then set the Timer to some amount. I think grenades have it set to 2.5 seconds? Also the Projectile type might need to be lobber, but either way the timer is necessary.

Yes. Mhm.

It's gonna take me a bit to consume this absolute unit of a post.

I've gone cross-eyed looking over your post for now, but I don't want you to think i'm not gonna have a go at it.

Both you and robotized are goin' in the special thanks section =D

And in my preview video i'm gonna make it super clear to everyone that it's you two that wanted the crabs to die, NOT ME!

Yeah, it's a bit much to take all at once, but just go through it slowly and I'm sure you'll do fine.

Edited by Fantafaust

Yes, that's it. Alt. Trigger must be enabled with a timer(2.5 seconds for example) and the projectile type set to Lobber.

On one occasion when I experimented with custom grenades, wanted to make something like the molotov, to explode on contact. Beside the trigger on impact, I had to copy the collision from the molotov projectile, because otherwise it was bouncing off of enemies. But in this situation it's not necessary to copy collision to the egg projectile, it will work as it is.

I don't understand what i'm doing wrong D:

You guys said to add the flag Alt Trigger to the projectiles - and turn them into Lobbers (instead of Missile). I gave them the 2.5sec timer too.

I did that, and the eggs are bouncing now, but they don't actually explode anymore.

[edit] Wait, I figured it out. I ALSO had to add a collision layer to the projectiles. Now it's workin' just right :D

Gonna shorten the timer, tho...

Edited by LucidLady

I don't know what this layer's for. I don't think there is one in the non dlc version that I've tested, but what's important is that it's working for you. The timer is matter of testing and preference. If you shoot straight, might seem long. If aiming higher and timing's too short, might explode in mid air. You gotta find the sweet spot. Other thing you can tamper with is Speed. Don't go overboard with that, because the projectile will miss the targets.

Alrighty. I'm gonna go ahead and just release the version where they don't die out of combat.

Maybe revisit the crab grenades mod I put out a while back...

I thank you both for helping me sooooo much =D

Gonna credit you both, even if I didn't use the custom script yet @_@

O yeah, I definitely will use that effect, and try to extrapolate the lesson to other effects. :D

It's really hard to find good guides on things like this, so I really do appreciate it!

I'll probably implement it when I go back to update the Egg Grenades i released a while back.