A way to force servicers to service

Sadly I don't have the time, and the drive. Also, it would induce painful flashback about C++, and Pascal from my college years, and feel more like a job, than fun.
Though I did learn bits of "full" programming languages, and scripting ones on my own, so...

But all that is moot now - Oblivion entered it's periodic "CTD for teh lulz" phase.

Frell my life...

I do know exactly what you mean as it can get very tedious for sure. But at least while scripting in CS, I do see pictures in my head so it is not to bad really and it can be extremely constructive.

It is funniest when I test new stuff... ;)

Cute

To get back on track, make your own merchant that you put in your house that offers services 24h... Problem solved or change the common merchant AI. I have 2 such merchants in my current project so if you do not wanna mess with it then DL my mod and use my merchants but you didn't say if you wanted to sell or buy stuff?? If you only wanna sell stuff and do not wanna train Merch or you are Merch 100, then I suggest you run your own shop and stop messing with Merchants as I only do it up to skill 100 and then I place all stuff in a chest in that store at any time of the day. A third alternative might be to let the Luggage sell it for you. I never visit any merchants, not if I pass a store and suddenly want to browse it for fun and sometimes I buy some garbage as I have to use all money for something as do get to that point, that we have more gold then we can ever waste.

Edited by Pellape

What I'm looking for, I look for the sake of QOL, immersion\whatever - I can player.add\removeitem all day long. That's not the problem. The problem is, sometimes the "working hours" of merchants go wonky - they should be open for business, but aren't. It's annoying with vanilla merchants, or when messing with their inventory\leveled lists, and wanting to see the results. And downright frustrating, when it concerns non-vanilla ones, with "new, cool stuff", which I now must look at through TESEdit...

As for the mods, I prefer this one:
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/39255

and COBL Luggage, but that's neither here, or there.

Well COBL Luggage will not sell your items... :tongue:

I did test Trade and Commerse until I found that new one and their houses are at the exact same spot, which is a bit irritating... :wink: For Immersion, the new one feels a bit better with visiting customers, all with the same bloody face and name... :D

I use loads of stuff in COBL and will make my own Summon Luggage by the way...

Edited by Pellape

• 1 month later...

You perfectly can.

When I converted content from the german mod "Nehrim Expanded" into an own mod, I wanted to take over as many stuff as possible.

In the case of the "Nehrim Magic Overhaul", the initial solution was to change the spell merchants to NOT sell any spells directly, but to sell spell runes which will teach the player the respective spell when activated in the inventory.

So I had to use

OffersSpells

to check if NPCs would sell spells directly.

If so, I used

SetOffersSpells 0

to force them NOT selling any spells directly.

Then I checked if they offer Misc Items:

OffersMiscItems

If NOT, then I allowed them to offer misc items, so the spell runes can be bought by the player.

SetOffersMagicItems 1

For more insight, check out my Nehrim Magic Overhaul:

https://www.nexusmods.com/nehrim/mods/27

I just recently updated it to also add mod merchants into the system. :smile:

HOWEVER,

to really force servicers to service, depends also on the current state of the package.

Even if you set the flag as stated above, it might be possible that they DO NOT offer services until a specific point of their current package is reached:

If you set up a travel package (even with the "offer service" flag on) while the NPC is traveling to it's destination it is in a temporary NOT OFFER SERVICE state while they are movining.