Get my original combat music back...

eurozom

So a while back, I installed a mod that replaced all my "combat" music with the Conan soundtrack. The problem now is that I want to get the Vanilla music back, but apparently it was a replacer (I installed this when I was still new and stupid). The mod itself isn't even showing up on my mod list, so uninstalling is not really going to work. I'm also using the Personalized Music mod now, by No Aardvarks, which only adds tracks, doesn't replace.

So here's my question... how can I get the Vanilla combat tracks back? I'm on a legit Steam version of Skyrim, but I don't want to do a complete re-install, and muck up all of my other mods. Is there any way just to get those .xwm combat music files back without replacing tons of other stuff?

I realize this is probably a noob question, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The music you used to "replace" the original game can be deactivated or deleted and Skyrim will simply play the original music which is stored in one of the original .BSA archives (found in your data folder).

Your "modded" music will either be in a .BSA archive itself which'll need a matching .esp to run, so remove both files - or alternatively the music will be stored as "loose files" which can be located in Skyrims Data folder, within the Music folder. Remove the music files and you're back to original music!

Aha! So the music files in the Data>Music folders are optional then, and will only play ahead of the Vanilla music if there is actually something with the appropriate filename in the Music folder?

Am I right in thinking that's how it works?

Thanks for the quick reply! :)