Open Community  ·  2 members

Anno 1800

anno 1800 Nexus mods crash at start

Rantanplan66

Hello , i have modded for a second trial my all dlc version of anno, i did respect everystep, all is green , path, is said ok , others options too, i have 79 mods opened on 88, (i will try with only 2 or 3 later ) , wether i am starting from the mod panel , the mod manager panel , or simply directly from the game launcher , its impossible to mod a saved game , ok , maybe its special , but its impossible to load a new game, i have " mod detected on the main first page of the game , i configure, it loads slowly and just before to start its crashing ....does someone encounter this before ? its sad not to empower esthetics of the game , a bit too simple after hours of playing , it makes all cities looking almost the same , its boring !

• 2 weeks later...

I have never heard of the requirement for a 'dummy' file. I do not believe there is such a thing.

You need to tell us what platform this game was purchased under as the placement of the mod folder may be different.

I purchased the game from EpicGames and when installing the game this is where my game was placed:

E:\EpicGames\ANNO1800

It may be in a different folder with your installation.

The mods folder goes into the Anno1800 folder. It is a folder you create and this is where your mods go.

When the game starts up it will create a '.cache' folder in the 'mods' folder.

The best place to go for help is the official Ubisoft forums here:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisplay.php/879-Anno

Officially Ubisoft does not support mods, but there may be someone there that may be better able to help you in this.

Edit: Ubisoft will tell you to disable all mods before they will assist in any crashes you might be having with your game.

Also, I don't use a mod manager so I can not help you there. The way mods are added to this game is so simple that adding a mod manager to add mods makes no sense at all for this game. If we were discussing Fallout for instance, then a mod manager would make sense for that game.