Custom armor textures disappears when the Creation Kit is shut down

theVampizer

**NOTE** I'm VERY new to modding and I've never tried it before in any game, so this may just be a beginners mistake!

I wanted to make a custom armor set with the Mercenary Studded Armor pieces from 'Triss Armor Retextured' (by Psyke23 and Oldholo) and the 'Thieves Guild Hood' as headpiece (I used the Creation Kit ofcourse).

I created a new plugin and duplicated the armor pieces i needed so I wouldn't replace anything. I changed ID's, names, stats, weight and such for all the items. When I was done I saved the plugin and shut down the CK. In Skyrim I acquired the armor pieces through consol commands and everything so far seemed to be in working order... atleast until I saw the models in the inventory screen. They had mysteriously turned blue (just like the "custom" armor pieces from the Triss Armor Retextured mod), but the worst part was that when I equipped the armor it just looked as if my character wasn't wearing anything (except her underwear and the hood, which worked just fine).

When I opened CK to find out what had gone wrong, the 'Models' box beneath the 'World Model' box was empty. I found the appropriate textures for each armor piece again, made sure to save the plugin, shut down the CK and boot it up again only to find that the textures had vanished - again! (The Triss Armors that I hadn't messed around with were still working as they should though.)

I've tried deleting the plugin and doing it all over again, and I've also unistalled and reinstalled the Triss Armor mod and the CK but so far nothing have worked. I've also tried with other armors so I'm quite confident this issue doesn't affect items from the vanilla game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT! I've found a solution to the problem myself, guys, no need to worry XD

Edited by theVampizer

• 1 month later...

I too am having the same type of issue. I have Skyrim and update checked as well as temptress (active file) and the POW armor. My mission was to create a temptress follower with the red version of POW armor. I watched a few vids and read through many help files. I completed everything and went to visit new follower in game. All was fine and checked out but the armor was the default green colored POW armor. No matter how many times and different ways I tried to change it the texture will be good to go in CK but in game always goes to default. Any Ideas?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When you want to work with multiple mods you have two options

#1 recreate all the forms that you need in your new or active mod. Duplicating does not always work.

#2 toggle the ESP files so that the CK thinks they are ESM files, just be sure to toggle them back for testing and normal usage. Then you can use the mod forms directly and not worry about any issues common with recreating and duplication mistakes.

Tutorial subsection which explains the process: http://isharameradin.zxq.net/MakingAPlayerBasedMannequin.html#ESPparents

Thank you so much for the info, IsharaMeradin. I feel like Im testing everyones patience on these forums. Had no clue it had to be esm to esp. Still having trouble though, Ive inserted the lines bAllowMultipleEditors bAllowMultipleMasterLoads, both = 1, however the creation kit wont recognize the ini edit and still aborts to load multiple masters. What am I missing?

Your missing.... because I keep forgetting to update the tutorial....

[Archive]
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, Hearthfires.bsa

Add whatever DLC bsa files you have to that entry. As you can see I have Dawnguard and Hearthfire.

And other notes about the CK that might be helpful http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Creation_Kit#Notes