Hi,

I'm interested in a mod where suddenly a town is invaded. I just saw a minor version of this happen in my OOO game where a bunch of boars started chasing a courier into town and it resulted in a long battle with a couple guards dead and reminded me of an event run in ultima online an eternity ago where hundreds of orcs just invaded trinsic randomly and people came from all over the game world to defend it.

I think it would be really cool to have a lore friendly invasion of one of the towns to go up against the player and the city defenses associated with MMM that happens as a surprise game weeks or months after putting in the mod so the player forgets about it. Maybe the mod wont even mention what city is attacked and one day the player shows up and a bunch of his favorite shopkeeps and the guards are dead and the bandits or warriors have taken over dead npc homes.

It would sort of take away from the immersion to get a mod then push a button and then watch a bunch of bandits swarm poor bravil. I like the idea of it happening on either a random chance(like if it is summer and hasnt rained in three days) or something that is built up to through a quest chain, mumbles in the background that if ignored result in the town being attacked until the attackers or defenders are dead(resulting in evil factions/vendors/guards taking over the city and doing business with the player if his infamy is high enough.

A major version in which Cyrodil is being invaded and every town has a chance of being attacked and or reestablished as an outpost of the invading legion would be really amazing. Essential npcs would have to flee the city, perhaps leaving a parchment where they once were explaining their new location.

This would be really fun to pair with mercenary mods. Perhaps the player gets a dispensation from some official to hire a squad and position them at key strategic positions, perhaps running the field to heal and or assist them at different stages of the attack.

I like the idea of the player being notified by mail of 'trouble brewing around ____' but also having the opportunity to miss the invasion and come back to a city run an occupying faction.

Any else like a mod like this?

Some time I thought about making a mod that continues the main quest of Oblivion after Mehrunes Dagons banishment. You know form the books that Leyawiin and Bravil became own kingdoms and fight against each other. So the south of the imperial province has gotten a really warzone, if you think of the argonian An-Xileel, too.

Maybe someone can create something like this maybe make guard patrols of the two cities that fight, and make barricades and war machines around the cities.

Some time I thought about making a mod that continues the main quest of Oblivion after Mehrunes Dagons banishment. You know form the books that Leyawiin and Bravil became own kingdoms and fight against each other. So the south of the imperial province has gotten a really warzone, if you think of the argonian An-Xileel, too.

Maybe someone can create something like this maybe make guard patrols of the two cities that fight, and make barricades and war machines around the cities.

It would be really cool if there were quests offered by the competing cities and you could help support the war effort for one side or the other OR BOTH!!

Of course this is all possible. Even a Little citie war with animated ballistas or catapults is possible to mod.

The only Problem is to find the right modder. But sutch a mod would be really amazing and would complete the Story of oblivion better.