Different weapons for ED-E?

PlatinumShad0w

I could mess around with the settings and get ED-E to look like she's shooting bullets like a machine gun?

It's probably subjective. I made a eyebot with a mini gun but it never looked right without the attack loop. But try it, maybe it will aesthetically look fine to you.

On the other hand an attack loop seems like the easiest animation to make (in my uninformed opinion) since your just moving the actor back and forth a bit.

I'll look into some of the animation tutorials and see if I gleam any insight.

Ok so for now the best solution I could come up with to fix the sound issue with ED-E's flamer is to use the sound FXFireGasHigh [sOUN:00035E6F] as it can go on ED-E's default SOUND record without looping forever. I just watched ED-E incinerate everything in the Atomic Wrangler with a big grin on my face.

I'm starting to think my original issue was either not going in to the GECK to save it (I try to use xEdit for as much as I possibly can) or perhaps trying to use a different sound record than ED-E can support by default. Either way this is working the best I can using what I have the skill to implement.

Would it be ok to upload this as a mod with credit for all your insight and help?

Yeah I realize it isn't much by modding standards but it's been rather tricky to get just right to my satisfaction and I figure I can't be the only one who might find it a cool gimmick. I'm still messing around on a "Machine Gun ED-E" but if my options are either being stuck with an obnoxiously forever looping minigun sound or nothing but semi-automatic fire I may have to settle for a "Shotgun ED-E" instead on my end.

Now a working buzzsaw/ripper melee ED-E on the other hand. THAT'D be a hell of a mod :cool:

Well I finally managed to get something kind of convincing for the Machinegun ED-E idea. The file is uploaded (along with the others) here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/70751. After much trial and error and some GECK documentation reading, I had to settle on upping the animation and attack multipliers to simulate giving ED-E burst fire. Its kind of satisfying to me but ED-E's movements can feel a little jerky now (though I'll just pretend that's due to the recoil from her new auto-cannon).

Since ED-E has no default Melee weapon I have long thought that it would fit a more brutal player for their ED-E to be equipped with a Buzzsaw with it getting right up in the enemy's face and slicing them up (think Phantasm).

I re-watched Phantasm just a few weeks ago. Agree that its Silver Sphere is iconic, and an "ED-E as the Phantasm Flying Sphere" mod would be way cool.

While getting ED-E to stay stuck to a moving target might be complicated, I can totally see it move onto someone's head for a moment at a time while a spurt of blood gets ejected to the rear. ED-E's zapper already looks a bit like a drill. Or go nuts and give ED-E a total mesh makeover.

I re-watched Phantasm just a few weeks ago. Agree that its Silver Sphere is iconic, and an "ED-E as the Phantasm Flying Sphere" mod would be way cool.

Yeah, I'm a fan of that campy, dumpster fire of flick too. Maybe a actual Sentinel might be a better choice than retconning of ED-E....after all they do seem much more simplistic than our favorite eyebot.

I did some work on a smaller model of an eyebot (there are advantages to a smaller mesh as opposed to setscale on the default eyebot) as I plan on making a "ralphie" toy that you can get for ED-E (that effectively becomes ED-E's companion). I thought it would be fun to explore a companion having a companion (and ralphie being a little scamp), plus it would make ED-E so happy.

But a similar smaller model with mirror finish sphere (and blade assortment), shouldn't be out of the realm of possiblility.

While getting ED-E to stay stuck to a moving target might be complicated, I can totally see it move onto someone's head for a moment at a time while a spurt of blood gets ejected to the rear.

I think I could do something like that via script. I did it for a raven companion via script

https://youtu.be/yUoC8cy41r0

I can't say for sure how it would fare on non human opponents as I wouldnt' necessarily know their height to set that variable to target the head, but there is a get/setNPCheight function.......so maybe?