[LE] Help! BSA Nightmare, Souira Mod

Hypn0sef

Here is some data that you will find useful in the future.

1) Never use the built in CK archive, it's a badly made tool and i suspect here is were your textures got corrupted, it has happened to me too but i didn't test any further, so that i can be 100% sure that the built in CK archive was the cause.

2) Use the Archive tool, but don't ever 'Compress' the BSA especially if you have WAV files in it.

3) Your BSA should never exceed the sweet spot of 1.8GB ( LITERALLY !! ), If your files exceeds the 1.8GB target, then you need to have some files as 'Loose' version with your BSA.

* If it exceeds 1.8GB random ctds will be generated.

About number 2 and 3:

When i first released v1.0 of my 'ACT II' it was causing random ctds on some systems, and in some others it was persistence while in my system i never experienced a single ctd, freeze or any other issues, because the files were in a 'Loose File' version.

* I didn't use the built in CK archive, I'd already fixed it and I didn't bother with it again.

But thanks to the contribution mainly of the Japanese community some heavy testings and bug hunts started, quite a few individuals participate in this and i thank them all once a again !.

The end result of those tests was that after the BSA had met the above requirements, ALL ISSUES ON ALL THOSE DIFFERENT PCs STOPPED !!! and the mod became stable as hell in all systems as it was on mine.

After v1.0 the mods gets packed as follow:

- Everything except WAVs are packed in an uncompressed BSA that does not exceeds 1.8GB.

- WAVs (and their lip files) are packed in 'Loose Format' alongside the BSA.

* If by any chance i add any files that will exceed the bsa's limit of 1.8gb, then those files will also be packed as 'Loose Files'.

I hope this data can help others too.

Edited by maxarturo

Yeap, just be sure that your 'Loose Files' have the correct 'Folder Structure', and preferable i would recommend to have first of all your 'wav' files loose since the game engine prefers it better, compressed wavs are cause for random ctds.