[LE] A script that may kill PC even if using console

Damastine

Hi, I wonder if there is a script applied in mod that under specific circumstances kills PC, even if someone is using console to cheat its way through?

I want to make new quest to my mod that involves the plague, but fear that some players may not follow it without cheating.

Thanks in advance

You want to make a mod that kills the PC if the player uses console commands to skip quest stages?

Sounds like a good way to stop people trying your mod! :laugh:

But I assume you mean they get the plague and have to do a quest to find a cure?

I suppose you could make a script that kills them if they cheat, but what about a Cure Disease potion, or Shrine Blessings? You'd have to script some way of stopping those working as well.

:D

@ Damastine

The only way to kill the player even if he is using TGM is by using:

PlayerREF.DamageActorValue("Health", 500000.0)

The damage amount must be high enough to exceed whatever health cap the player can achieve in game.

The way this can be implemented always depends on your idea that in some cases it cannot be apply, because there is no way to detect when the player uses TGM.

You have every right to add 'Fail Safes' to your work to avoid the case of players using console commands, but don't overdo it !, with the correct "Mod's Directing" you can force the player to do what you want without using console commands.

@ Shadeybladey

"Sounds like a good way to stop people trying your mod!"

It's not like our bank accounts are getting bigger from download or endorsements.

If you want to make mods to have downloads, then always avoid challenging the player, always make the player be the white knight, always add in every single step of your mod quest markers, always guide the player by the hand, don't ever add to your mod actors stronger than the player, don't ever add to your mod actors with strong and specialize combat abilities no matter of how impressive they could be or how much work they have behind them, if the player can't do it or can't have them then this is a good reason for the player to be unsatisfied and to criticize your mod.

The button line is that, if you want downloads and endorsements, give everything open handed to the player !, everything is about the player !.

Edited by maxarturo

If you want to make mods to have downloads, then always avoid challenging the player, always make the player be the white knight, always add in every single step of your mod quest markers, always guide the player by the hand, don't ever add to your mod actors stronger than the player, don't ever add to your mod actors with strong and specialize combat abilities no matter of how impressive they could be or how much work they have behind them

I don't agree with much of that at all. Many, many players want even more of a challenge, even at Master level. That's why we have thngs like Requiem and Stealth Skills Rebalanced.

But killing them if they can't complete a quest is pretty poor design.

The button line is that, if you want downloads and endorsements, give everything open handed to the player !, everything is about the player !.

Yes, and he should also do something about Cure Disease potions and Shrine Blessings removing his plague from the player. I was thinking of maybe a hidden perk that flags them as plague-ridden, which cannot be removed by normal means, only with his mod-based Cure Plague solution.

:)

I don't go as far as targetting TGM use; but will give gentle reminders to players who try and get past doors and barriers illegally with a standard killbox.

I would however not seek to prevent setting quest stages; because you never know when a set of circumstances for an individual player may require it to further the game, particularly clashes with other mods.

I agree with agerweb, i would recommend to use "Fail Safe" or warnings only in those parts of your mod that the use of console commands can break the mod.

@ Shadowblade
What i wrote was referred for the majority of players/downloaders that prefer best to download - play - endorse a mod.
From my point of view downloads & endorsements or the player's satisfaction Plays Absolutely No Role Whatsoever !.
However, all players should just be satisfied and obligated to endorse a mod just because the author decided to share free of charge his creation, either they liked it or not, and nothing more!.
* Don't bring as examples mods that have been released 8 and 10 years ago, that's not a fair comparison...

From my point of view downloads & endorsements or the player's satisfaction Plays Absolutely No Role Whatsoever !.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. You seem to be saying the opposite of what you mean at different places and then contradicting yourself.

Anyway, my mods are made for me.

I uploaded some so friends could download them. I was always a very minor mod author, just a few huindred downloads, but I did get some nice feedback from people who really liked them, and the usual nonsense from people who didn't install them properly. They've been hidden since The Great Pay For Mods Scandal and the USLEEP vs separate patches thing.

:)