Is the game CPU heavy?

Ethxxn

I'm running Arizona ENB with 149 plugins and noticed my CPU usage is maxing out for most of the time. While my GPU usage can barely get 60%. I'm on a Ryzen 3 1200 @ 3800mhz, GTX1650 KO Ultra 4GB DDR6 and B450M mb with 16 gb of 3200ghz RAM.

I checked the bottleneck calculator, and its says my card matches my cpu, but the cpu has an 8% bottleneck.

Do I need a CPU upgrade?

What are your frames at with a better cpu?

You've got a cheapo CPU. Having such small CCX units is lowering performance by at least 20%, as there's a significant performance penalty when there's cross-CCX communication.

Try using ProcessHacker to change the core that the driver thread is pinned to. See if that offers any performance gain.

You've got a cheapo CPU. Having such small CCX units is lowering performance by at least 20%, as there's a significant performance penalty when there's cross-CCX communication.

Try using ProcessHacker to change the core that the driver thread is pinned to. See if that offers any performance gain.

How does changing the driver thread the core is pinned to help?

I was previously thinking about upgrading fans to push my R3 1200 to 4ghz, should I just get a Ryzen with a more cores/threads?

Edited by Ethxxn

How does changing the driver thread the core is pinned to help?

I was previously thinking about upgrading fans to push my R3 1200 to 4ghz, should I just get a Ryzen with a more cores/threads?

Already said why. Here's a simple video showing the performance deficit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BORHnYLLgyY

Ideally, you'd get a Ryzen 7 which has two full CCXs, or an APU which has one full CCX. The non-APU quad cores have 2+2 cores, and the hex cores have 3+3. New Vegas will use four or so, though heavily limited by the single-threaded driver.

A Zen 2 CPU would be a good bump up, Zen 3 would be ideal but they're too expensive and not in stock.