Impressions of The Frontier so far?

Chopsticks3

Removing antagonistic troll mods is not "damage control."

I'm not going to argue what is "antagonistic", however a mod that simply removed the offending dev's content was taken down. Seeing as people still want to play the Frontier and an official patch isn't out yet that removes his stuff, I would hardly call that a "troll mod"

The only mod I'd seen removed was the morons trying to attach themselves to the Enclave, glorifying the "destruction" of the mod because they have no actual personality.

If an unofficial patch was hidden, it was probably on request, which is for the best with the actual mod being hidden.

I'm not really concerned with gamer's iack of patience for the official patched version to come out, and none of these things have to do with Nexus deleting this thread for imagined "damage control".

The only mod I'd seen removed was the morons trying to attach themselves to the Enclave, glorifying the "destruction" of the mod because they have no actual personality.

If an unofficial patch was hidden, it was probably on request, which is for the best with the actual mod being hidden.

I'm not really concerned with gamer's iack of patience for the official patched version to come out, and none of these things have to do with Nexus deleting this thread for imagined "damage control".

Because the Nexus has 0% external transparency when it comes to file removal I can only speak about mods I saw when they were up. A mod that renames power armor to a Simpson's meme is not "inappropriate content" The Nexus is filled with low effort meme mods, they obviously aren't a problem. As for "glorifying the "destruction" of the mod" I would like an example and whether or not it violated Nexus rules or if you just didn't like it. Were they calling for harassment/bullying? Maybe racial slurs? Is making a mod the rips another mod not allowed? Because I recall mods made in response to a F4 BLM mod were left up.

"If an unofficial patch was hidden, it was probably on request" You serious? That's some mental gymnastics my dude. I have no evidence that what you think is untrue however considering the removal of other mods it seems quite naïve.

"I'm not really concerned with gamer's iack of patience" 7 year wait my guy, a lack of patience? An official version may never come out with the teams current state, idk thought, we will see.

"none of these things have to do with Nexus deleting this thread for imagined "damage control" Do you know what damage control is? Don't you think it's strange that on this forum there is a lack of discussion about the current situation. The Frontier is the biggest mod ever mode for NV and there is a Sh*tstorm around it, you would think there would be some talk about it. There is no discussion because the other threads have all been deleted, just like any mods that bring any attention to this issue. Now you may not believe this but having a mod on your website that you promoted then be reveled that a p*do worked on it is really bad optics. This site is run by ads, what do you think the advertisers would think about this? What about users and their parents? Obviously it can't be hidden as news sites are already covering it but they can try to limit the damage to their user base, control it so to speak.

I realize this may come off as me hating the mod but I don't, it's a tragedy that everyone contributed so much effort for things to end like this. And naturally harassing people is unacceptable, I do wonder how many of those people are actually from the modding community though.

If you want to be blind to context, be my guest. It was very clear what the purpose of that mod was, and it was not acceptable behavior by anyone with standards of decency or a Terms of Service. Nexus feelings on the matter were likely no more complicated than this:

Mental Gymnastics? Have you heard of Occam's Razor? I would say it's more plausible than your ridiculous conspiracy theory that the Nexus is trying to hide evidence of what happened with the Frontier, which is already being reported in major gaming news outlets. (Guess what, this thread, the whole focus of your comment, still exists. And if it does get closed it'll be because of this asinine conversation.) There's no evidence for or against my theory? You also have no evidence for yours, besides your own thinking, which must be correct because you thought of it I guess; and because it means MAXIMUM CONTRUVURSY which is more exciting for you.

You waited 7 years. You can wait longer. It's a *f***ing videogame.* If it never comes out, oh well, tis' a *f***ing videogame.*

For the developers sake I wish it took another year to come out and somebody would have wisely thought that maybe the mod didn't need all the gross questionable content it had before it was released to the public. ( I don't think anyone would have reasonably found out about Zu, but their contributions to the project were relatively minor from what I understand.)

The Nexus is not directly affiliated with mod developers, for The Frontier, or otherwise. It only hosts their content, which was pulled by the Frontier developers themselves. Would you think Valve was part of the conspiracy if the Steam version released before all this happened? The only thing the nexus has been deleting is the childish nonesense that had sprung up around the fiasco.

For that matter, less than 1% of users come to the forums. There isn't a whole lot of discussion because *there is hardly anyone here.*

On top of that, there's not really much to discuss, because the answer to "Is pedophilic content cool"? is just going to be no for anyone who is not a pedophile.

If you need to see someone yell about The Frontier, just wait until the end of the day and there will surely be dozens of youtube rantsonas to provide the content you desire

About the harassers, they're just uninteresting trolls with no other meaning to their life. As I said before, Emotional Parasites, and are completely irrelevant to the actual situation.

I will chime in here and say that apparently this became a serious issue regarding the well being of other devs in the Frontier. In TKMantis' Discord server, people were saying that one of the Dev's jobs was being called and were telling his boss that he was a pedophile. This wasn't the actual offender who posted the pedophilic content, it was someone entirely different. So I'm unsure whether the mod will even be re-released because of the authors being harassed. Obviously, this behavior is deplorable especially if the person who is being harassed has nothing to do with it. It's just sad that nobody in the Dev team saw any of this to begin with before release because it might've just ruined someone's life.

Yes, there is a *ton* of blame that rests squarely on the developers for allowing s#*! like America to happen.

Whoever okayed that should have had their decision reviewed by the overall project lead (Tgspy?), who should have immediately vetoed it and reviewed everything that writer and minor lead have done.

On the topic of this thread; It's a technical marvel in all rights, scripting, the various updates that have sort of been drip-fed through to the users before release, it's all been amazing. Same for some of the armor, weapon, and a few setpieces, that were fairly well done. Downsides are writing that varies from "slightly better than the worst of Fallout 3" to "worse than any writing in any mainline title" and I don't think I have to really say that it's hefty task to write for a mod of such caliber, but it frequently falls in its stops and is only picked up by some specifically stellar character writing, which sadly is also dragged back down with the poor writing of the worldspace. But, again, it's a sight to see and take in, and all of the tweaks and fixes to the engine have been a blessing from every part of the team that deserves it.

And really, out of all of the things in the mod (before the egregious garbage that's recently come to light), people have really been attracted to non-issue spots. Some people getting angry over a faction that has never really had any chance to be a playable faction, lore wise and logic wise, or outright lying in some rare occasions (e.g. one, very specific, and very relevant user claiming "oh everywhere you walk has you doing a risque act with characters constantly." or having to include irrelevant drama to the mix as well) It's added to the issues the mod has at hand and not in any good way. The need to dramatize something standard for every mainline game in the series, or just never adding to actual, legitimate criticism, will toxify this Nexus to horrible amounts.

I unfortunately cannot further support the work myself because of some of the creative directions and decisions in this mod that I've come to learn of through all of my playthroughs. No, it isn't only the Trochili, for their over-the-top 'actions'. But rather some of the far, far more obviously dubious decisions, and the defenses of said decisions. Whether those affect you as seriously is up to you, but I am of the belief they were handled 'poorly', to say the absolute least.

Hopefully this will set a standard; background check those you choose to befriend or work with. Regardless of notoriety on the Nexus.