Torchlight II Nexus?

Delaquwa

Hi there! Webbstre here, owner of Runic Games Fansite. I do actually talk to Dark0ne once in a while, and he has given me advice about running my own site in the past. We met due to some mutual unpleasantness involving a third party website stealing content from both of our communities.

So, I know everyone has their preferences when it comes to websites and knowing who to trust, and what site is easiest to use. I also am COMPLETELY aware that in so many ways Dark0ne has a much better setup over here than my own site - to be expected with the amount of experience he's built up and the way he's made it finanically viable to keep all of these games supported. That said I very much appreciate that he doesn't devour a good portion of my traffic by setting up his own Torchlight related modding site ;)

If it helps anyone, we're working hard to get all the Pre-GUTS mods converted to work with the latest versions of the game (less than 20% of the Pre-GUTS mods remain to be converted right now) and to get HotSpot (our own mod manager) updated to support TL2 now that modding is officiall supported. We've got some cool options in the works that will help make HotSpot much more user-friendly to people, such as potentially making a built-in way to combine mods and get around the 10 mod limit the game has in place.

Oh, and I recently expanded to make a new website for the upcoming Grim Dawn, which will also be an ARPG that supports modding. It's not really related to the conversation, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe someday I will build up my own network like Dark0ne has... or maybe by that time we will figure out some way to combine forces. I don't know, but for now I just try to take everything one step at a time, and make it so people want to use RGF instead of the Workshop, whenever possible.

Edited by Webbstre

• 2 months later...

It's been a few months now, and RGF is experiencing difficulties on the monetization front.

First and foremost, Hotspot 2 Beta is on a developmental standstill since February of this year, so all TL2 Modders are still waiting for a viable 3rd party mod manager, all the while settling for the Steam Workshop..

RGF was hoping for a Grim Dawn release by now, but the game is in delayed development, so no ad money from that crowd quite yet..

Webbstre is asking for donations to keep the site up, but the internal struggle I have for now is: Will Hotspot 2 be developed in a timely manner or ever? Does there need to be a separate fundraiser for a dev to be paid to get RGF's trump card out of beta? If so, I'd be glad to send as much money as I could to get them up and running, or am I better off waiting for RGF to shut down and cross my fingers for a Torchlight Nexus to spring up in the far future?

I really want to help these guys out, and I probably will.. But I've got this sinking feeling that the TL2 Modding community is going to be left to be driven mad with the steam workshop for quite a long time at this rate.

Sorry, had to say my peace on this. No disrespect to anyone at RGF, I just feel like TL2 modding would have thrived to a much higher level by now from within the Nexus.