Exponential (sort of) Spells - Creation Kit Advice

Zephyr2011

I've thought of a few new spells, several in fact. The premise behind them is extremely powerful destruction spells. Probably acquire through some dungeon or something rather instead of purchasing them. The gist of them is for them to scale a lot with not only the player's corresponding skill (Destruction) but also their magicka. I want all of them to also have a kind of unique charging situation. They can be cast with any amount of magicka, they begin by costing 1m/s and dealing 1dmg/s then it costs 2m/s and deal 3dmg/s then 3m/s and deal 6dmg/s, then 4m/s and 10dmg/s etc. After each second it deals the sum of the magicka used so far (I'll probably nerf that a little bit) until the user depletes all their magicka. If the user used more than X magicka (I'll throw out 100 for now) then there is one powerful, final blast that deals the sum of magicka expended times 1/10 the user's destruction skill. The exact scaling might vary a little bit but I was wondering if some kind of "active charge" with dynamic scaling was possible with the creation kit. I'm not familiar with magic effects really so this is new territory for me, I'm also not well versed in SKSE but am willing to learn. Brief descriptions of spells below:

FIRE SPELL (idk names yet)

Begins what look like normal flames, slowly intensify into a larger blast radius with brighter flames until it resembles almost a white dragon breath (also in same respect to size) and culminates in a massive fireball.

FROST SPELL

Begins with a large sphere around the caster that slowly tightens in radius until it freezes all enemies within melee distance of the caster, dealing massive frost damage, slowing enemies and increasing the armor rating of the user for a period of time proportional to the time spent casting the spell.

LIGHTNING SPELL

Wide spray of sparks that slowly converges into fewer, larger, more powerful bolts until one final thunderbolt is unleashed, arcing through several opponents.(proportional to destruction skill?)

GENERAL MAGIC SPELL

While casting, user absorbs 100% of spells, all this energy is used to charge the spell (user loses all magicka to hold the spell up, but has an obscenely long cast time unless hit with spells) until enough energy has been absorbed then a magic "implosion" occurs, knocking back all enemies in the vicinity and doing large, pure magic damage.

I've thought of a few new spells, several in fact. The premise behind them is extremely powerful destruction spells. Probably acquire through some dungeon or something rather instead of purchasing them. The gist of them is for them to scale a lot with not only the player's corresponding skill (Destruction) but also their magicka. I want all of them to also have a kind of unique charging situation. They can be cast with any amount of magicka, they begin by costing 1m/s and dealing 1dmg/s then it costs 2m/s and deal 3dmg/s then 3m/s and deal 6dmg/s, then 4m/s and 10dmg/s etc. After each second it deals the sum of the magicka used so far (I'll probably nerf that a little bit) until the user depletes all their magicka. If the user used more than X magicka (I'll throw out 100 for now) then there is one powerful, final blast that deals the sum of magicka expended times 1/10 the user's destruction skill. The exact scaling might vary a little bit but I was wondering if some kind of "active charge" with dynamic scaling was possible with the creation kit. I'm not familiar with magic effects really so this is new territory for me, I'm also not well versed in SKSE but am willing to learn. Brief descriptions of spells below:

FIRE SPELL (idk names yet)

Begins what look like normal flames, slowly intensify into a larger blast radius with brighter flames until it resembles almost a white dragon breath (also in same respect to size) and culminates in a massive fireball.

FROST SPELL

Begins with a large sphere around the caster that slowly tightens in radius until it freezes all enemies within melee distance of the caster, dealing massive frost damage, slowing enemies and increasing the armor rating of the user for a period of time proportional to the time spent casting the spell.

LIGHTNING SPELL

Wide spray of sparks that slowly converges into fewer, larger, more powerful bolts until one final thunderbolt is unleashed, arcing through several opponents.(proportional to destruction skill?)

GENERAL MAGIC SPELL

While casting, user absorbs 100% of spells, all this energy is used to charge the spell (user loses all magicka to hold the spell up, but has an obscenely long cast time unless hit with spells) until enough energy has been absorbed then a magic "implosion" occurs, knocking back all enemies in the vicinity and doing large, pure magic damage.

You also might want to try and contact the author of forgotten magic as he's been able to pull off some very interesting spells as well. Maybe he'll be able to provide some in depth advice.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/23625