Copy mod installation to another pc. (same location different drive letter)

havoc7646

I am trying to copy my fallout 4 mod installations to my travel laptop and am wondering where vortex stores configuration files for the mod location.

As fallout is installed in the same location on my laptop but on a different drive letter.

And the online instructions only pertain to everything being in the exact same location as nexus mod manager could otherwise assume that the mods are not installed or have been deleted.

So where do i find settings file containing the path to the downloads and staging folders?

I figure editing them manually would allow me to move it while bypassing that issue.

Keep in mind Vortex never installs mods to your game directory. It uses Windows Hard Links.

It is very important to Purge your mods within the game directory before copying it. Otherwise Windows replaces those links with an actual copy of the mods. Deploy as last step.

Back to your question: Configuration data is in C:/Users/{name}/AppData/Roaming/Vortex. Manually modifying files there is never recommended.

Edited to add: This is for Vortex. If you really mean Nexus Mod Manager - you are in the wrong place.

Edited by rmm200

Keep in mind Vortex never installs mods to your game directory. It uses Windows Hard Links.

It is very important to Purge your mods within the game directory before copying it. Otherwise Windows replaces those links with an actual copy of the mods. Deploy as last step.

Back to your question: Configuration data is in C:/Users/{name}/AppData/Roaming/Vortex. Manually modifying files there is never recommended.

Edited to add: This is for Vortex. If you really mean Nexus Mod Manager - you are in the wrong place.

Thank you for the answer.

I found the configuration data but cannot locate the file which houses the directory path.

And i am using Vortex, i never had trouble finding it using nmm.

But vortex is a lot more stable than the now very outdated nmm.

PC Classic - Help I tried copy/pasting it but when i try to run it I just get an error. by "Add Library Folder" and select to create a new folder on a new drive-letter. Note, it's recommended to move at least MO's "mods"-folder to the SSD, while it on the other hand should be put on same disk as Skyrim is installed to.

Paycheckrecords Login

Edited by Braun02