Fallout 3 Lag Spikes and Crashing

TLC77

I have recently redownloaded FO3 and I have unsurprisingly experienced problems. I am using the Unofficial Patch, did the ini tweaks, have 4GB patch, Mod Limit Fix, Tick Fix, Memory Fix and NVAC. IStewie's Tweaks are not activated for some reason but that is besides the point. After about 15 - 20 seconds the game gets ferocious lag spikes, like 2 - 3 FPS and after some more seconds, everything twitches to white, then to black, and then the game crashes. I tried with and without ENB but that does not change anything. Anybody have any leads? Thanks.

Sidenote: My only hypothesis is that it's .NET framework 3.0 because when I installed FO3 it told me that there was an error with .NET Framework 3.0 or something like that and that I need to go to the control panel and go to the "turn windows features on or off" menu. I run on Windows 7.

1rst thing ! What on earth ?

2nd Why are to modding the hell out of this simple game with all of that junk and complain it 's broke?

-------------------

Advice---Wipe all that stuff from your system.

Make a games folder Either on C: or external drive.

Install the game and be discrete in directing the install location to that folder

Run the game from the installer app, be it steam or Gog.

once completed

run from the desktop

----------------------

DO NOT use A mod manager of any kind until you know for a fact the game is stable.

Now, after a few hours of Enjoying this game, you're free to waste it with all the other crazy Ideas of how to modify it.

------------------

Update you OS through windows up date---OVER and OVER and OVER until Update no longer finds anything wrong with your OS.

Every thing I see here in your post is what's wrong with every ones game.

All you game loving modders love to re-Engineer fallout 3 because you think it needs it.

Guess what ?

It does not. Out of the Box it's run Pristine. If your installing this game to this folder ? ( C:\Program Files (x86) ? then you deserve every thing coming your way.

It's a well known fact that is no longer Viable install location Due too permission issues OF the newer OS and some older versions of windows.

------------------------

I see any poster load this silly game up with all of that Junk? I feel sorry for you.

Fallout 3 uses no more than 700MB of memory period.

The PC you own determines the Frames per second issues and you knowledge of correctly installing the game.

"There is no Official patch required"...that's a fools errand.

Last:

Stop modifying the hell out of this game with tweaks. Just play the vanilla game first and at least Enjoy before you Break it.

Kitty Black.

PS: on today's machines, you can expect this game to slam 120 FPS and an average of 60 FPS.

That is a vanilla game.

When you modify it and expect the same?

Perhaps you should take note of what it is your doing to it?

There are Pinned authors here on the nexus forums that have years ago solved all of these issues.

you don't need a House of Bricks to fall on you before you discover maybe what you're doing is not good for the game.

In My Spoiler tag here, there are links to all sorts of tools and advice.

Click it.

Just encase you are in disagreement?

Try this on for size, see how that fits into your situation.

( Intel Atom® x5-Z8300 Processor (2M Cache, up to 1.84 GHz) Smooth as silk )

Just imagine what is possible.

Edited by Purr4me

2nd Why are to modding the hell out of this simple game with all of that junk and complain it 's broke?

-------------------

Install the game and be discrete in directing the install location to that folder

once completed

run from the desktop

----------------------

DO NOT use A mod manager of any kind until you know for a fact the game is stable.

Now, after a few hours of Enjoying this game, you're free to waste it with all the other crazy Ideas of how to modify it.

------------------

Update you OS through windows up date---OVER and OVER and OVER until Update no longer finds anything wrong with your OS.

All you game loving modders love to re-Engineer fallout 3 because you think it needs it.

Guess what ?

It does not. Out of the Box it's run Pristine. If your installing this game to this folder ? ( C:\Program Files (x86) ? then you deserve every thing coming your way.

It's a well known fact that is no longer Viable install location Due too permission issues OF the newer OS and some older versions of windows.

------------------------

I see any poster load this silly game up with all of that Junk? I feel sorry for you.

The PC you own determines the Frames per second issues and you knowledge of correctly installing the game.

Last:

Stop modifying the hell out of this game with tweaks. Just play the vanilla game first and at least Enjoy before you Break it.

Kitty Black.

PS: on today's machines, you can expect this game to slam 120 FPS and an average of 60 FPS.

That is a vanilla game.

There are Pinned authors here on the nexus forums that have years ago solved all of these issues.

you don't need a House of Bricks to fall on you before you discover maybe what you're doing is not good for the game.

Click it.

Question, since when are stability and performance mods considered to be "gamebreaking"? Did you even read what mods I have utilized in order to make this game a tad bit bearable? It's like you're assuming that I downloaded FOOK and FWE together and wondering why everything is broken. I have followed countless guides already, ever since I downloaded this game a year ago on how to make it stable with MODS and now you're coming here, just condescending me about why I did it all to myself and how modders are pretty much the scum of the earth or something. You don't realize that there is a REASON why there are youtube videos, Steam posts, Nexus discussions, all talking about fixing up the game so that it doesn't commit suicide every two minutes. I never even posted my mod/load order and you're still angry. When I ran this game on Windows 10, it ran fine, but on WIndows 7 I got this .NET framework issue and the crashes. Oh, but let me guess, you'll just tell me to switch back to WIndows 10, since you're so tunnel visioned to think of anything else. I don't even run this game on a next gen machine, I'm using an ancient computer from like 2011 with an Nvidia GTX 960. To further nail in my point, I am running New Vegas with about 200 mods, and I haven't experienced any crashes whatsoever, and I have evidence to prove that my games can be stable with mods, and because of mods. Next time stop telling people that it's all their fault when they're clearly saying what steps they took to trying and fix the game, so that other people don't tell them to do the things which they already have done.

-------------------

once completed

run from the desktop

----------------------

------------------

Guess what ?

------------------------

Last:

Kitty Black.

That is a vanilla game.

Click it.

Question, since when are stability and performance mods considered to be "gamebreaking"? Did you even read what mods I have utilized in order to make this game a tad bit bearable? It's like you're assuming that I downloaded FOOK and FWE together and wondering why everything is broken. I have followed countless guides already, ever since I downloaded this game a year ago on how to make it stable with MODS and now you're coming here, just condescending me about why I did it all to myself and how modders are pretty much the scum of the earth or something. You don't realize that there is a REASON why there are youtube videos, Steam posts, Nexus discussions, all talking about fixing up the game so that it doesn't commit suicide every two minutes. I never even posted my mod/load order and you're still angry. When I ran this game on Windows 10, it ran fine, but on WIndows 7 I got this .NET framework issue and the crashes. Oh, but let me guess, you'll just tell me to switch back to WIndows 10, since you're so tunnel visioned to think of anything else. I don't even run this game on a next gen machine, I'm using an ancient computer from like 2011 with an Nvidia GTX 960. To further nail in my point, I am running New Vegas with about 200 mods, and I haven't experienced any crashes whatsoever, and I have evidence to prove that my games can be stable with mods, and because of mods. Next time stop telling people that it's all their fault when they're clearly saying what steps they took to trying and fix the game, so that other people don't tell them to do the things which they already have done.

Hun, I fix users games remotely, of all the people that come here, I am one of the best Diagnostic techs around.

your digging into things too deeply.

Insulting me is not the way to go.

"New Vegas" is not the same as fallout 3.

#2, it's an Entirely different engine to begin with so all the tools your using and have listed were designed for FNV and "ported" to Fo3.

Now---You are here asking for help.

Do you want help ? Or arguments ?