0 Armor rating issue - please help

abquesenberry

Hi all,

Recently I've had the armors in my game showing an armor rating of 0, either at the smith during forging, or when equipped on NPCs or myself. I've uninstalled all of my mods and it still pertained. Has anyone had this problem before with a specific mod?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Hey :) I had the same problem and i think i might found the reason for it. the Game seems to have a limit on how high your damage reduce can be that is around 80%. When you reach that amout the game will reduce the armor rating to ensure that you cant have 100% damage reduce. I used the alteration spell dragon hide wich reduces 80% physical damage for 30 seconds and as long as i had the buff all armors had 0 rating. when the buff was gone the armor ratings went back to normal. i think on npcs the armors will still give the normal amount of armor it just visually shows 0. if you have that permanently you might have some sort of cheat aktive like modav damageresist 5000 or some sort of similar effect also some overpowered armor mods.

• 8 months later...

Hey :smile: I had the same problem and i think i might found the reason for it. the Game seems to have a limit on how high your damage reduce can be that is around 80%. When you reach that amout the game will reduce the armor rating to ensure that you cant have 100% damage reduce. I used the alteration spell dragon hide wich reduces 80% physical damage for 30 seconds and as long as i had the buff all armors had 0 rating. when the buff was gone the armor ratings went back to normal. i think on npcs the armors will still give the normal amount of armor it just visually shows 0. if you have that permanently you might have some sort of cheat aktive like modav damageresist 5000 or some sort of similar effect also some overpowered armor mods.

This is old, but I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Just ran into a similar issue. Tnx.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

Hey :smile: I had the same problem and i think i might found the reason for it. the Game seems to have a limit on how high your damage reduce can be that is around 80%. When you reach that amout the game will reduce the armor rating to ensure that you cant have 100% damage reduce. I used the alteration spell dragon hide wich reduces 80% physical damage for 30 seconds and as long as i had the buff all armors had 0 rating. when the buff was gone the armor ratings went back to normal. i think on npcs the armors will still give the normal amount of armor it just visually shows 0. if you have that permanently you might have some sort of cheat aktive like modav damageresist 5000 or some sort of similar effect also some overpowered armor mods.

thank you..