notifications comments answers

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Bernt

Bernt

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 43,411 posts

One thing I am missing on the new notification system, is getting notified when an author has answered to a comment I've made on eg. an image. I always answer to comments myself. And one of my friends only accidentally found out I had answered to his comment on a an image. I have - just in case- everything turned on.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 15,041 posts
If you either own the image or your comment is the "parent" you'll get notified of replies. However if your comment is a child reply to someone else's you won't be notified of any follow up messages. This was the same before we changed the system.

It's on our list as a potential improvement but it requires some investigation

Bernt

Bernt

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 43,411 posts

Well - I get that. But the problem is that when I comment to one of - say Cormell's uploads, and he answers to my comment, I don't get notified of his answer. Which I did before. Likewise - on my latest image, Mr.Smile commented - as he usually does. I answered to his comment but he was not notified of my answer - which was the case before. 

You might notice ThatMrSmile's reaction here: https://www.nexusmod...4/images/200888

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 15,041 posts

Alright, so as a test, I've posted a comment on your mod here. Please reply to it and I'll see if I get notified. https://www.nexusmod...?tab=posts&BH=0

We had a couple of problems during the night which might be part of the issue. 

Bernt

Bernt

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 43,411 posts

Done :)

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 15,041 posts
I got a notification of your reply. If you want to comment on one of my images too I'll reply to you to test it further.

Bernt

Bernt

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 43,411 posts

I was not notified of your reply to my comment on your image. I get notified - by mail- of updates to the forum. But only on specific threads whixh I follow. Nothing on the notification system.

Bernt

Bernt

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 43,411 posts

Right...... so on top of the other issue, my notifications have gone. Only the very last one is showing. The other 7 or so - gone.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 15,041 posts

Right...... so on top of the other issue, my notifications have gone. Only the very last one is showing. The other 7 or so - gone.

How old were they? I believe an auto-cleanup script might've been run earlier today. 

Bernt

Bernt

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 43,411 posts

They were no more than a day- or two old. Quite recent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: notifications, comments, answers

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.960 seconds