Help: Creating a spell which can only be cast at a 'specific weath

Deleted6656695User

Hi.

I would like to create a spell which can only be cast at a specified weather condition. So for example, when it's raining = I am able to cast the spell. When it's not raining, I can't cast the spell.

I thought it's not going to be very complex as I am a beginner... so I tried adding a 'condition' into my magic effect "GetIsCurrentWeather" (rain) == 1, I linked it to a spell (which also had fireball linked to it) but I can't get it to work, my spell still casts when it's not raining. Is it possible to make this happen? Any clues on what else I might try are welcome (I don't understand papyrus well.. I hope this doesn't require a very complex papyrus script).

Thank you.

make a perk that raises the cost of that spell to an obscenely high cost except when it's raining or whatevs

I made the perk, added the condition inside perk (same as I mentioned above). I tested something different on a custom magelight spell, I made it last 1 second normally. But It's supposed to to last 30 seconds when it's raining, didn't work... obviously I added the perk on my character too and set the specific weather with 'sw' command.

I'd really love to get this effect to respond to me :/ could someone please help to get this working, obviously I am doing something terribly wrong right now I just can't figure it out

thanks

make a perk that raises the cost of that spell to an obscenely high cost except when it's raining or whatevs

I made the perk, added the condition inside perk (same as I mentioned above). I tested something different on a custom magelight spell, I made it last 1 second normally. But It's supposed to to last 30 seconds when it's raining, didn't work... obviously I added the perk on my character too and set the specific weather with 'sw' command.

I'd really love to get this effect to respond to me :/ could someone please help to get this working, obviously I am doing something terribly wrong right now I just can't figure it out

thanks

why don't you post a screenshot of your perk so we can figure out what you're doing wrong.

thanks

why don't you post a screenshot of your perk so we can figure out what you're doing wrong.

Screenshot I tried using the magelight test with a keyword 'WISpellColorful'. The duplicated spell has only 1 sec duration by default (I set it so), but I tried to increase it's duration with Mod Spell Value and it's still lasting 1 sec in game while using the specific rain through 'sw' command

Thanks for trying to help : )

thanks

Screenshot I tried using the magelight test with a keyword 'WISpellColorful'. The duplicated spell has only 1 sec duration by default (I set it so), but I tried to increase it's duration with Mod Spell Value and it's still lasting 1 sec in game while using the specific rain through 'sw' command

Thanks for trying to help : )

get rid of the condition function on the perk owner and move the weather check into the perk owner tab, instead of the perk condition.

Perk conditions determine what is required for you to be able to add the perk from your skill menu, it's not relevant to your interests.

get rid of the condition function on the perk owner and move the weather check into the perk owner tab, instead of the perk condition.

Perk conditions determine what is required for you to be able to add the perk from your skill menu, it's not relevant to your interests.

I did that, and added this perk to my character via command too. It's still not working (reloaded, and rested in game hours, still not), do I need to link this spell somehow on my magic effect or something? I didn't link it to anywhere right now

Edit: It basically works I guess! For some reason the regular duplicated magelight attaches itself to a 'Hunter' npc :S... (and it does not work so on ground for some reason) however when I set the weather specified it stays on the hunter for 50 sec, when I changed the weather it lasted 1 sec again. I don't think Magelight is the best spell to test this, but I understand the basic way to do it now :) thanks to you.

Big thanks again, I'm surely going to have a lot of fun with knowing this!

Edited by Guest

Is there a better way of specifying which spell I want the weather condition to affect? Than EP_MagicSpellHasKeyword function

Edit: keyword is fine.. I just added a custom one onto my magic effect, and then linked it on the perk.

No more questions on this topic for now :smile:

Edited by Guest

Is there a better way of specifying which spell I want the weather condition to affect? Than EP_MagicSpellHasKeyword function

Edit: keyword is fine.. I just added a custom one onto my magic effect, and then linked it on the perk.

No more questions on this topic for now :smile:

I believe there is a way to identify a specific spell but I can't remember it off the top of my head.

look if there's any conditions that talk about lists, form lists, or if there's just some kind of equal to condition.

I'd check the wiki but that's not a comprehensive list.