Upgrade Existing Enchantments

TheLumpyLump

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure that a mod has not been made for this, but if I'm wrong and one does exist please do correct me!

Also I'm not sure how hard and/or time consuming this would be to do as I'm just a script kiddie.

So basically, I find it really irritating when you are levelling an enchanter build, but do not wish to 'waste' good equipment with your pitiful first attempts at enchanting! If you could upgrade your weapon's enchantment as you levelled this would not be a problem, but as it is the enchantment becomes obsolete all too soon and you have to throw away a perfectly good (and possibly hard to come by) weapon and start from scratch. My proposed solution to this would be that you can 're-enchant' a weapon or piece of armour by upgrading the current enchantment to match your enchanting skill level. So say you came by a daedric sword (pretty cool) and decided that you wanted a flaming daedric sword (even cooler), you would not have to throw away the original and find another to enchant just to get the most out of your skills.

Also, it would be nice to be able to use the 'extra effect' perk to add a new effect to a previously enchanted item, for the same reasons.

As I said I don't know how hard this would be to make, or if it is even possible, but I would really like to see this in the game and I'm sure that I'm not the only one :happy: . So if anyone would be good enough to do the deed I would be very happy indeed :biggrin:

Bonus smileys:

:mellow: :biggrin: :blink: :cool: :devil: :down: :ermm: :geek: >:( :blink: :biggrin:

Cheers,

Joe