Extracting Clothes from a mod and using them without the said mod

AlucardVshen

Hi, I've been using Dragbody's NCR trooper overhaul for a while but it's just too buggy. When using with Redesigned 2 it makes certain NPCs use original faces. When changed in xEdit, changed NPCs stop using their assigned unique clothes and start wearing default trooper armor (Colonel Moore, Hsu and Rangers at Mojave outpost for an example). What I want to do is, extract unique clothes for Colonels and use them on their own. Could it be done? If so, how?

It's not that hard to do, I have done it dozens of times. You just to need to decide what armor you don't want to use. If it is part of the base game .bsa, change the name of the replacement armor so that it matches exactly the name of the armor being replaced. Then make a folder for both the meshes and textures to match the exact path to both the mesh and texture and place it in the data\meshes and data\textures folders. Toggle archive invalidation after you have installed the replacement.

If you are going to replace armor from a mod, install the mesh in the mod mesh folder and rename it to the armor being replaced. But first, rename the armor being replaced so that it is not overwritten. I usually add an "X" to the beginning of the name of the armor being replaced. I also have a folder for New Armor and Unused Armor. I add any new armor I created to the New Armor folder then copy/paste it into the game. When I replace in game armor, I copy/paste the old armor to the Unused Armor folder. Do the same for the textures and make sure the path to the textures is correct. Toggle archive invalidation after you make the change. Using xEdit, find the gbo number of the armor so that you can add it using console commands.

Since you are making replacements, you won't need a separate .esp to add them to the game.