New PC, new game install, game KEEPS crashing

Rainboscape

Ugh, here we go again. It went well, then I started getting black screen after half an hour. Tried to play again, then some 20/30 minutes later I got this weird menu glitch while crafting alchemy, with overlapping items and overlapping pointer arrows, and the image of a campfire over my quest menu? Completely glitched out. Wut?

EDIT: And a THIRD, this time a CTD after 40 minutes, again while doing alchemy, but without the graphical glitch.

Edited by Rainboscape

I'm running off an internal SSD-M2.

Do you know how to include a screenshot on this forum? I took a few screenies of the overlapping problem.

Incidently I'm getting crashes on Tropico 6 and Sims 3, too.

Edited by Rainboscape

Starting to sound like your hardware is faulty, most likely the GPU, did you get it at a proper retailer or was it a downpriced or scalped one?

As for screenshots: you can upload them to nexus in your personal images or to an external website and simply put the link to the image.

The parts were ordered and mounted by a long time family friend, he's been our computer guy for 20+ years and I trusted him completely with the work. I'm visiting home for mother's day so I'll be bringing my computer, he wants to take a look at it and make sure I get it functioning as it should.

SOLVED

Turns out the new CPU came with a cooling unit that is completely unsuited for gaming. I have a powerful new one now, and the crashing has stopped altogether.

Still want to thank everyone who thought along with me and tried to help :)