File Front archiving in progress

Dark0ne

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i thought that without the mod authors permission, thats stealing according to nexus rules. dose that mean the rules have changed and we can take mods that are abandoned without asking the no longer around original author first? like take the mod, fix its issues, bugs and add features to keep the mod alive if we give credit to the original author?. Edited by jeyjs

In response to post #39384620.

jeyjs wrote: but i thought that without the mod authors permission, thats stealing according to nexus rules. dose that mean the rules have changed and we can take mods that are abandoned without asking the no longer around original author first? like take the mod, fix its issues, bugs and add features to keep the mod alive if we give credit to the original author?.

Well s#*!. You're right.

In response to post #39384620. #39390810 is also a reply to the same post.

jeyjs wrote: but i thought that without the mod authors permission, thats stealing according to nexus rules. dose that mean the rules have changed and we can take mods that are abandoned without asking the no longer around original author first? like take the mod, fix its issues, bugs and add features to keep the mod alive if we give credit to the original author?.
Xephyr117 wrote: Well s#*!. You're right.

No. This was about preservation of mods. Without this effort, those mods would possibly be lost forever. And that is something different entirely.

In response to post #39304285. #39330430, #39367095 are all replies on the same post.

bben46 wrote:

@ SeverusDeath: Who knows. It;'s too early to know any more than they are maybe going to have Skyrim mods on consoles. And maybe the old mods will work on the new super duper version that looks to me like it is primarily targeted at Consoles rather than PC where we already have better quality video because of mods anyway.

Craddle wrote: Strike that "maybe". It has been confirmed at Bethesdas E3 showcase. The Skyrim Special Edition seems to integrate parts of the Fallout 4 engine with support for bethesda.net workshop.

PS: why not use 'Reply' instead of the '@', regarding you're a moderator?
SuperJohnDanger wrote: Yes, and it's so thrilling! Skyrim remastered looks great and all, and I'm sure the console users are happy, but we have project ENB. Not to mention Bethesda may fix all the bugs in the current version of Skyrim.

> Not to mention Bethesda may fix all the bugs in the current version of Skyrim.
I don't believe that ;-). Having modders fix those comes for free and without risk. Porting patch-/bugfix-mods and reviewing all the changes would be quite costly.

I wish their next engine will be less error-prone and maybe eliminate the need for a script-extender and/or modder-made MCM.

In response to post #39384620. #39390810, #39439100 are all replies on the same post.

Xephyr117 wrote: Well s#*!. You're right.
Zaldiir wrote: No. This was about preservation of mods. Without this effort, those mods would possibly be lost forever. And that is something different entirely.

He may refer to the notice at the bottom of each archived mod "If you wish to claim this file as your own [..]".

Without violating the respective copyrights (whatever applies here) only the original author will be able to do that (unless explicitly stated otherwise). I'm wondering however, how the nexusstaff plans to ensure that he or she is the original author if someone tries to claim a mod.