⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim Special Edition Nexus Mod Manager support

SirSalami

i have sse installed and i am looking at if you can simply copy mods or not. will let you know if it works. my thinking is this: they made a remake and i would think the file structures would be similar if not the same. i am testing this theory out and plan to let everyone know.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #43650315. #43651725 is also a reply to the same post.

Serbking wrote: Hey Guys Im about to buy the Skyrim Special Edition. Can I start modding it as soon as i get it?

Like my nexus mod manager will recognize it? I heard from a friend it didnt recognize his.

Thank you in advance for your help.
kilted00785 wrote: it does not

You simply need to download the latest Nexus Mod Manager from the link above. Works pretty well with SSE.

Weird bug to flash up: I used ShowRaceMenu in game, made a couple of changes to my character, and had to re-enter the name. Tried again, re-enter the name. Then on saving, all my previous SSE saves have vanished from the in-game list, and the save count reset to 001. However, the SSE saves are safely in the normal folders.

Is this an SSE bug, or an NMM one?

Edited by BlueGunk

In response to post #43651310.

ram424 wrote:

i have sse installed and i am looking at if you can simply copy mods or not. will let you know if it works. my thinking is this: they made a remake and i would think the file structures would be similar if not the same. i am testing this theory out and plan to let everyone know.

BSAs have a different file structure. A few mods appear to work immediately.

In response to post #43650315. #43651725, #43651835 are all replies on the same post.

Serbking wrote: Hey Guys Im about to buy the Skyrim Special Edition. Can I start modding it as soon as i get it?

Like my nexus mod manager will recognize it? I heard from a friend it didnt recognize his.

BlueGunk wrote: You simply need to download the latest Nexus Mod Manager from the link above. Works pretty well with SSE.

Thank you guys

In response to post #43650315. #43651725, #43651835, #43652875, #43653170 are all replies on the same post.

BlueGunk wrote: You simply need to download the latest Nexus Mod Manager from the link above. Works pretty well with SSE.
Serbking wrote: Thank you guys
RmXpl wrote: I think its better wait till SKSE(64bit) will come out

Even if you can't mod it for a few weeks, Skyrim is worth it. Give it a little time until skse, enb and mods start pouring and you'll see wonders.

In response to post #43650315. #43651725, #43651835, #43652875, #43653170, #43653340 are all replies on the same post.

Serbking wrote: Thank you guys
RmXpl wrote: I think its better wait till SKSE(64bit) will come out
seba1337 wrote: Even if you can't mod it for a few weeks, Skyrim is worth it. Give it a little time until skse, enb and mods start pouring and you'll see wonders.

Yeah, I hope 1 month later the top mods will be ready. Edited by RmXpl

Guys,

Are there any texture replacers coming for the SSE? The new shadres are cool but textures... Well it is simple a requirement to change them :D

Cheers,

MK